Photo

Tutorial by "subtanker" on how to make npcs go skinny-dipping.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Ac3s

Ac3s

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts
This is the tutorial "subtanker" created for me so I could make npcs take off/on clothing when entering/exiting the pool.

here is a step by step process:

1 - Create a new magic effect and call it LVENakedEffect change the following:
Effect Archetype: Script
Casting Type: Constant Effect
Assoc. Item 1: None
FX Persist: (check this box)
Hide in UI: (check this box)

Now when those are right hit ok, Then edit the object to pull up the same window you just hit ok on. You should now be able to add scripts so click "add" at
the bottom right and create a new script called "LVEnakedeffectscript" and add the following as its source

armor property JewelryRingGold auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
;debug.notification("effect script: adding effect")
akTarget.unequipall()
endEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
;debug.notification("effect script: removing effect")
akTarget.additem(jewelryringgold,1,true)
akTarget.equipitem(jewelryringgold,false,true)
akTarget.removeitem(jewelryringgold,1,true)
endEvent

2 - Go to spells and make a new spell called "LVENakedSpell" then change the following:
Casting: Constant Effect
Ignore resistance: (check this box)
Auto-Calculate: (uncheck this box)
then add a new effect and make that effect "LVENakedEffect" and set it's duration to a very long time, like 10000 seconds. Hit ok on this window and on the spell window.

3 - add a "defaultActivateSelfTRIG" object to each location you want people to take off their clothes. Edit each instance and remove the default script. Then create
a new script, call it LVENakedActivator then add this code as it's source.

spell property LVENakedSpell auto

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference triggerRef)
;debug.notification("found something!")
Actor akactionRef = triggerRef as Actor
if (akActionRef != game.getplayer() && !akActionRef.isincombat())
;debug.notification("effect applied")
LVENakedSpell.cast(akactionref,akactionref)
endif
endEvent

Event OnTriggerLeave(ObjectReference triggerRef)
Actor akactionRef = triggerRef as Actor
if (akActionRef != game.getplayer())
;debug.notification("effect removed")
akActionRef.dispelspell(LVENakedSpell)
endif
endEvent

Also those smileys arn't supposed to be there, whenever I type " ) this forum makes a smiley out of it so just replace each smiley with ) and it should be fine.

Edited by Ac3s, 07 July 2014 - 07:37 AM.

jet4571

jet4571

Who? What? Where? Nope can't do it.

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts

How does one "Make sure you auto-fill it's properties as well." for the attached scripts when the auto-fill buttons are greyed out? Second time i tried this script, one with my own names and another a direct copy and paste from this tutorial and It refuses to have properties to auto-fill and then does not work in the game.

Nevermind, compiler error making the script compile even though it didnt say it failed. Check game cache fixed it.

Edited by jet4571, 13 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

ToppDog

ToppDog

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Having the same issue as above.  Not sure how it got fixed for him, but it's not working for me.  Ant ideas?

Also, I did not have to replace the script for every instance.  As soon as I did it for the first, it showed up on the rest.  Does this mean something is wrong?

DCWillis

DCWillis

Regular

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

This works to undress the NPC but it does not make them get dressed upon leaving the area. I went back and double checked everything so it would be hard to miss something twice. lol

Thx for posting this though cause I am at least half way there.

Dragonfire12

Dragonfire12

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 599 posts
I can not get this to work. I opened Lakeview Extended to see how you were doing it and I found that your "defaultActivateSelfTRIG" has a Primitive Tab next to 3Ddata, when I do it the Primitive Tab is missing. Since this is apparently what defines the boundaries of the Trigger I'd like to know how you added the Primitive Tab.

I've looked on line and the official CK area is just as clear as mud, Can anyone help?

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out. You have to select the cube with a T in it on the CK toolbar. Sorry to have been a bother, spent like six hours on this and was getting frustrated.

I got it working and it's flawless. Thanks.

Edited by Dragonfire12, 06 July 2014 - 01:29 PM.

ToppDog

ToppDog

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

I never could get past the auto-fill step because there was nothing to select to auto-fill.  But, I was able to get the Bathing Suit in a pool Script and files mod/tutorial based on this tutorial to work.  He altered it so they would wear bathing suits instead of going nude, but I couldn't get the bodies to stop reverting to vanilla ones, & the followers wouldn't get rid of all their gear.  Finally I just ended up deleting the armor & armor addon pieces created using his instructions & it worked perfectly to make them nude & unequip all weapons/gear, without altering their custom bodies.

Ac3s

Ac3s

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts
In response to post #16289600.

this part is important:
edit the script source and save it again, this should enable you to use auto-fill.

If you don't save the source then auto-fill will not work.

dredd3110

dredd3110

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
Hi Ac3s,

Thanks for this tips and for your mod of course!

Nice day to all

GeneralDraxeo

GeneralDraxeo

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

They aren't re-equipping their gear when they leave, is this a mistake in the script?

YoungaHenrik

YoungaHenrik

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

When adding the defaultActivateSelfTRIG, should you add it to the whole water object or just the stairs where the npc enter the pool?

EDIT: ok i looked into the "Pimitive" tab and understood that it doesnt matter what object its added to, its the box that decides when they undress

EDIT2: I got it working and it works like a charm, thanks for this guide!

Edited by YoungaHenrik, 06 January 2015 - 11:03 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.847 seconds