Where To Find Help When It Comes To Modding Skyrim SE?

Hendigc

Anyone know where I could find help when it comes to Skyrim SE modding besides Nexus Mods and xEdit Discord ( I don't think xEdit is meant for help when it comes to mods but they do have a " mod talk " channel) ? From the times I've used the Nexus Mods Discord server for Support in the past when it comes to modding issues I was always met with kind people willing to help when it'd come to a problem that I'm dealing with but now when I ask for help in that Discord server ( of course it's not everyone acting this way, there are still helpful people in the NM Discord server ) I've been dealing with passive aggressive, egotistical, toxic and smart-alecky people which has honestly been turning me off when it comes to modding Skyrim ( making me contemplate whether or not I should uninstall Skyrim and my mod manager ) making me lose interest in a game that I've bought at it's midnight release. If there are any other Discord servers out there who are willing to help ( I understand in every community it has it's rotten apples so from any Discord server I join in the future I'll come across negativity regardless ) please let me know because I do want to play this game and enjoy the content that mod authors and Skyrim Creation Club has to offer.

I've been seeing so many interesting mods and content for Skyrim that has been making me want to play it even more but with these deck of cards I've been dealt with when it comes to toxic know-it-alls in all honesty just makes me not want to play this game at all.

when i was completley new to modding and didnt know a single thing about it i got on youtube and found this guys step by step guides showing me how to download a mod manager and what one to download and how to install it properly and how to use it step by step and how to download and use mods and about the diff types of mods etc i learned evrything i know from him , id link his channel but idk if its allowed here but go to youtube and type in Gopher Se modding or such and his channel and videos should come up but if i can help you also i will , do you use discord ?

My post wasn't constructive just a useless rant so i deleted it.

The point stands though:

Controlled Environments like Nexus Mods have rules and regulations that prevent Toxic Behavior and Toxic Competition.

This isn't the case with a Split up community on Social Media's (Reddit/ Discord/ Patreon etc. because Modding is technically new there

and isn't a Balanced and Regulated Environment, compared to THE GOOD OLD FORUMS nobody uses anymore, in favour of Social Medias so ''Circles/ Communities'' are more ''Closed and unapproachable'' by Newcomers or Strangers who are late to the party.

The main reason you wont find much communication is simply the lack of interest for an Old Game such as Skyrim, Age and Social Perspective and Standard differences, many reasons.

Communication also remains non-social and cold, instead of friendly and open so don't expect much of it, society is reflected on the Internet as well.

Ignore everything negative and be on your own as much as you can.

Edited by Guest

I don't know.... If what we're talking about is "modding" from the game players perspective (that is, adding mods to your game and not pounding your head against a brick wall), rather than mod development (unclear what the term actually means at this point) , the way I learned is

a) you tube videos (MXR turned me onto a huge number of mods back before he became whatever he and panda have morphed into). anyway, his Skryim mods series has tons of great showcases (impo)

b) nexus tech support forums (reading other people's questions and answers)

c) Lover's lab Skyrim SE and even a bit of LE support forums for general ideas, problems...(reading other people's questions and answers)

d) widenet searches (which in turn lead to various singular locations, plus reddit and some of the older skyrim sites)

e) mod pages. Here, the posts section. at lover's lab, the mod "support" pages

and F) doing. << very important

so a few small tips in no specific order:

• install mods one by one from a known working game and check and verify solid game operation before installing the next. this alone will save you hours of frustration and uncertainty.
  • make sure that all dependencies are installed (here at nexus they call the "requirements") before installing a given mod
  • read the mod description thoroughly before installing
  • when you do ask questions, provide sufficient information up front that someone can actually answer your question. Usually (though not always) this means a reasonably thorough text explanation of the problem (Don't make "me" ask you to after the fact, it gets really tiresome), providing a load order list, a snapshot showing a visual problem, etc. Something that someone can digest beyond
    "so I installed <insert mod name> an it dont werk wut I do to fix?"
  • be careful about which version of mods you install. ex: no LE mods for SE, ex: you haven't updated to the latest version, don't install mods that require later version, etc.
  • pay close attention to any mod author provided instructions regarding load order and mod contentions
  • learn your mod manager
  • make sure FNIS is run during the deployment process. Yes, some installs really don't need it, but better safe than sorry. leave the cocky attitude at the door until you deserve it, no matter what your uberleet bud says,