I'm an Orc in a world where life & death lies in a single mist

doubleDizz

It took a lot of work, and a lot of frustration. I started with what I learnt from Fallout: New Vegas ('hey! TES5edit is just FNVedit!'), then I unlearnt some things ('wait is that how BOSS works?'), and then I learnt the rest ('oh, those scripts/mods cause save game bloat...') until eventually, I was the proud owner of a stable, running, heavily modded Skyrim save game.

And what a game.

THEN

My previous experience with Skyrim prior to this point was 30 hours on console as a Khajiit Ranger/Assassin (duel wield enchanted daggers makin' you tired, scared and moving so fast your blood is just a blur!), and more recently a female Nord who left Riften after the mysterious death of her adventuring spouse.

The Khajiit adventures were grand. It was Skyrim and it looked better than Oblivion did! But he never got to finish his quest as unfortunately some other game of the month came out and I forgot about him :confused: .

Kora, the redhead Nord was something else. This was not the Skyrim I saw on console. Loaded with 100+ mods, this was some next level s**t! And loading into a random location from Alternative Start running, was surreal.

Level 2 and travelling to Ivarstead? Everything could kill me.

Wolves were a challenge.

Bandits made me fight my flight.

Trolls... run.

Unfortunately, due to a massive scripting crash (Papyrus; more leaning) caused by a combination of Footprints, Claralux and Player Headtracking, I had to abandoned Kora in Winterhold. I must be horribly pessamistic because my minds likes to create clousure by imagining she was torn to dealthy shreds by the next pack of wolves she encountered. :sad:

Thanks brain.

[at this point I was going to put up an image of Kora, but they didn't upload to Steam! Wah. Will later tonight, promise!]

I got to writing posts, and sneaking occasional questions on the chat [MASSIVE thanks to GrandBulwark and the gurus who lounge all day in the chat. I'm having trouble remembering names, but your avatars will be etched in my memories!] and eventually I found culprits, deleted pex files, edited INI files, and swapped out ENB after ENB for that perfect look.

NOW

Using Alternative Start again, I roll anew. Big. Mean. Green. I am Orsimer.

---

My name is Gohr ( :blush:) and I exit the Longhouse like I do every morning. My eyes are flooded with the brightness of the sun (Real Vision ENB), I can smell the rain in the not-to-distance mountains (Climates of Tamriel), my head spins from the alcoholic abuse the night before (Realistic Needs and Diseases).

Except, this isn't like every morning.

I'm in my father's armor. Why? I struggle to remember, then it hits me. "Burguk!" I yell.

My brother killed my father. My YOUNGER brother, killed my father. I stormed inside, grabing my father's Orcish chestplate and gaunlets, but only managed to equip one before my stomach presented itself on the floor. I must have blacked out.

How dare he step past his position! It was not his time, it was mine. I remember more... he fed me mead all night prior.

He deceived me!

I storm across the stronghold and demand my vengeance. Burguk smiles, then accepts. It's not until I lift my arms I realise I have made a mistake... I am in no shape to win.

I try and fight, but years of training together gives Burguk the knowledge to win. I'm slower, and less resistant to his fast hands.

I fall, and then I am banished.

I barely made it out of the gates with my fathers equipment, luckily Nagrub saw the vomit across the metal and chose not to have to deal with it.

I pick myself up and head west as the air begins to chill (Frostfall), I need to find shelter and warmth. Soon.

---

Here is an IMAGE of Gohr, just before he remembers what happened the night before.

Ah bugger! I have to log off. I didn't actually mean to write a fiction piece about my latest character! Sorry :laugh: . My plan was to explain how I got to where I am now, and each time I explained a modified part of the game, I was going to link to that mod. Hm...

In short; I'm playing on Legendary difficulty. But I don't want to say anymore than that now though, especially about how I'm SURVIVING as a level 8 on the hardest game mode, because, well, I might write some more soon!

This is actually kind of fun!

Edited by doubleDizz