Forger mods not recognized with latest patch?

devalutius

I have been playing AC Odyssey now for some 2000 hours and had found it to be an absorbing game. I had just got through the basic story on NG+ and was in the middle of the initial DLC and then planned to go on to the Fate of Atlantis trilogy. I had customised Alexios using Nexus Mods, where there are, or we should say were, many ways of making the game even more interesting.

Imagine my disappointment when I returned from a weekend away to discover that my version of the programme no longer worked, thanks to the update. It crashed initially so after resetting the Forger programme settings I got back to a vanilla version of AC Od. The next discovery was the missing splash screen and lack of sound at the start, since remedied.

So, I persevered and actually go loaded up, at which point I found that my customisations were all gone, and then, "hang on a minute, that does not sound like Alexios' voice" when the first sound I heard was him wishing to go on holiday (!). I then spotted that the graphics on-screen looked a bit odd, not exactly washed out, but definitely different to what had been there a couple of days previously.

This is being played on a fully spec'd PC with a serious graphics card.

By now my character had achieved Mastery level of 275 (over the 99 level cap). Alexios has been exploring Greece for a long time, instigating changes of rulership and causing general mayhem (the way one does).

Recent study of the posts also indicates that there are further problems hidden away down the line with potential disappearance of Legendary Engravings etc.

I regret having had my Steam Update setting at automatic, and wish that there was some way to restore my game to the previous version.

Sadly, that is probably impossible to achieve. My enjoyment of what I had regarded as an excellent game has been shattered.