GetEquipped on an OMOD?

Vyro

So, I'm trying to mess with a Perk in the game; but I don't want to change it's default behavior. I simply want to add a condition that checks if a specific OMOD is equipped on the players equipment to access another branch of the Perk. The problem from what I can tell though is GetEquipped/GetEquippedType doesn't give two spits about ObjectMods, just Equipment. Is there another condition I can use to check if equipment on a player has a specific OMOD attached to it?

If this requires Papyrus just let me know. I figured it would be intuitive to the creation kit, but I can't find anything specific to targeting OMOD's that are attached to armor. Everything checks out fine, if I target the armor the condition clears and it works as intended. I need it to target one specific ObjectMod though. Is that possible?

Another idea I had that I don't know would work is applying a keyword to the OMOD and then hopefully it would transfer like parent/child to the armor? I could then use Haskeyword to check if it's available on the armor. I don't think it works like that though ...

If there's any solution to this, please let me know. I'll keep testing in the meanwhile.

Yes it probably will require scripting.

It seems like the GetEquipped works on the player if you make a script that uses player.GetEquipped.

So you would need WeaponToCheck.GetEquipped() or ClothingToCheck.GetEquipped().

That would require you to somehow get the current weapon or clothing item (or whatever) with the script ...

But I am just guessing, because there is no documentation about "GetEquipType" on the CK wiki.

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

Ah, that's my mistake. It wasn't GetEquipType it was GetEquipItemType - which has nothing to do with equipment, just the type of item it's checking. I do appreciate the immediate response. I did find a makeshift solution I believe in that manner bouncing Perks across one another. Not the most elegant - but it's functioning as we speak. I would very much like a more direct solution though, perhaps I'll divulge into Papyrus to sort this one out properly.

Thank you again for responding. I'll look into the Weapon/ClothingToCheck.

Another idea I had that I don't know would work is applying a keyword to the OMOD and then hopefully it would transfer like parent/child to the armor? I could then use Haskeyword to check if it's available on the armor. I don't think it works like that though ...

Add a property to the OMOD (Property Modifier Data >> Target: pkKeywords, Op: ADD, Form: "your keyword".

Then use the Condition WornHasKeyword "your keyword" == 1, Run on Player.