What are/were houses Indoril and Dagoth all about?

TenShadows

House Redoran is the warriors, the defenders, and the militants of Morrowind. House Hlaalu is the merchants and dealers. House Telvanni the wizards, particularly the evil demented sorts. House Dres deals in slaves and farms. But what about Indoril and Dagoth?

All I know about House Indoril is that they're the "temple boys", like they were just a part of the Tribunal Temple instead of their own thing: they have nothing going on by themselves that I know of. House Dagoth is, of course, all about how they're the traitors and mutants and stuff these days, but what was their thing back when they were loyal? From what I gather, they were a bunch of warriors and wizards: like some sort of a Redoran/Telvanni hybrid, but that doesn't give them much of their own personality at all.

Can anyone that knows more about lore than myself enlighten me in this matter?

• 3 weeks later...

House Indoril was (with House telvanni) one of the most conservative factions of Morrowind. They were supporters of the Tribunal Temple.
Lots of their members commited suicide after the joining of Morrowind in the Empire, finally after the Tribunal temple fall they've been totally eradicated by the dissident priests.
You can compare them to the IRL Swiss guards.

About House Dagoth, you said well: they were wizards soldiers. Their leader, Voryn Dagoth (Dagoth Ur you know) was a big friend with Nerevar Indoril. This means that both Indoril and Dagoth shared some toughts but when Dagoth Ur became crazy the House started following a dark path wich resulted in the Sixth House.

Edited by Stardel