SKSE sound problems

Gyro16

Today I installed SKSE (latest version) and it mucked up the sound. Before I get any questions relating to installing this the correct way in the correct folders, don't bother. I did. All the skse files with proper extensions in the skyrim folder (with TESV in it) and the Data files in the script folder within the Data map. Following that I made a shortcut from the skse launcher to the desktop (which isn't really necessary I suppose because when you're still using NMM you can drop the arrow and in the left corner and select the SKSE Laucher there. Also, the latest version of Skyrim itself is present.

The sound problem then. I'm still in the Dragonborn DLC having installed this SKSE application. Before I never had any issues regarding sound. Now, just after installing skse, the sound disappears in multiple situations in 3rd person. When I'm in 1st person, sounds like i.e. unsheating my sword are still hearable. But when I do this in 3rd person they are faded out or I don't hear them at all. Problems both in 1st and 3rd person occur when I try and interact with NPC's who are now not audable at all when I'm outdoors. When I'm indoors they are sometimes still clear (when in 1st person) but otherwise sound is completely missing. It's really annoying during battle or just during playthrough in general. Unstalling SKSE the correct way didn't help either. It was still mucked up. I hate when things like this happen. In the short array of mods via NMM they aren't special things that I'd thought would interfere. Things like SkyUI or FNIS aren't even installed (of which I'm sure that if they were, they wouldn't interfere anyway). What do I do? I have all DLC's (DG, DB, HF). Even with SKSE I haven't experienced any CTD's. Everything works fine, except well...you know. Do I need to install anything extra? Thanks for taking time to read this. I hope someone has a solution. Cheers.

Little update in edit: I've now noticed I don't hear anything while talking to NPC's when my cursor is aimed straight at them. When I move it so the NPC is in my peripheral vision, I hear the NPC talking again. So ignore the upper bit in this post because I think it now just is a sound issue an sich. Realtek 5.1 tampering. I did mess a bit with it last night. But I did reset it all to standard settings. Yet the issue remains. Talking to NPC straith at them cancels sound. Looking left or right, I can hear him/her again. Also in battle sounds aren't present as they should. Also due to the centre vs periphery sound issue. Never had this problem before. What do I do now?

Gyro

Edited by Gyro16

Leave it. I've fixed it. Switched to Stereo instead of 5.1 Surround in Realtek Audio Configuration. Still very strange, because before 5.1 had always been enabled and didn't give any problems. I was already 150 hours in when this issue occurred. Oh well. Cheers.

Gyro