Assassin attacks

t-leaves

Speak to a guard who will tell you to see a guy in Ebonheart. Report to him and the attacks will stop. He sends you to another person who can teleport you to Mournhold. If you wish to close the quest entry, go to Mournhold and speak to a guard there. This will give you a journal update. Teleport back and leave Mournhold until you are ready.

I am confused. If I understood you correctly, I can turn off the attacks AND/OR close the quest entry. Can I turn them off without closing the quest? Since I don't know what the quest is yet, I'm not sure what this means.

The attacks will stop until I am ready... to go to Mournhold and see what's there? If that's what you mean, then when I return to Mournhold do I do anything special to "resume" or "open" that quest? Sorry for being so dense!

There is no way without cheating to do that. They will continue to attack you until you go to Mournhold and do what you must do to stop them. If you're looking for a console code to stop them, I'm sure someone with more knowledge of that sort of thing than I will wander along and post it eventually.

The first DB attack automatically generates the opening of a quest 'Dark Brotherhood attacks' in your journal. By following what I said up to talking to the guy in Ebonheart will stop the attacks in Vvardenfell (although IMO selling the armour is a way of making money and as time progresses the weapons they attack you with get more valuable). It does not close the quest.

Simply talking to a guard in Mournhold will produce the journal entry required to close the quest as he tells you where you can find the Dark Brotherhood Headquarters. The next part of that quest 'Hunt the Dark Brotherhood' only opens up when you find their lair.

You don't have to DO the quest until you are ready.

So you can -

1. Let the attacks continue until you are too bored with them.

2. Stop the attacks and leave the Dark Brotherhood Attacks quest open until you are ready to go to Mournhold.

3. Travel to Mournhold to get the quest closed only, leaving the next part for when you are ready.

4. Travel to Mournhold to deal with the DB for good! (You will need to be at a reasonable level to do this).

Does this make better sense?

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
The dark brotherhood only attack when you rest, if I remember right. So by not sleeping you can stop the attacks or if I am aloud too I will give you the code to complete the entire db quest so you wont be bothered by them any more.

• 4 months later...