High Speed Prevents Enemies from Detecting you

bomo99

to put more context to the title, when i play oblivion with high speed i usually joke around when a creature doesn't detect me right away, i have noticed that for some reason a Rat will detect me right away, but a wolf won't is there a reason for this? is there a fix?

Edited by bomo99

it might not be high speed but it is annoying to see this, i have made a video showing what i am talking about

at the start i show the stats of the NEW character with an armor i made

during the whole dungeon everything works as intended

until the end when 2 marauders don't attack me on sight

i tried adding a Faction that has -100 disposition to marauders and i still get this issue

Checked CS for something but cant see what the issue is,

i thought that no low level processing was the issue but rat and wolf both have it ticked

Hmm, was anything of those contents perhaps from a mod?

In the first cell everything worked normally. Only in the last cell nothing was aggressive towards you anymore.

It was not AI overload or anything else AI related as far as I could see, but their aggression, or disposition towards you, for some reason must have been very much in your favor, all marauders in the wrong faction or not in the right one, if they even were as allied with you as to speak to you. Enemies don't do that normally, regardless of if they're already fighting you or not. As long as they're your enemy by game variables, they won't chat. So in this case, this last cell, the game variables must've said you're friends or neutrals. I for one would definitely check those NPCs.

i checked the NPCs that didn't attack and they are just normal marauders with 100 aggression and they are just in the MarauderFaction only, nothing else

i disabled my faction before the video just to get the normal results that always happens

Are these marauders acting normaly if you aren't wearing that armor? In video I see all stats overpowered, not just speed. Seeing marauder's smile could mean that is also personality involved - so disposition set to -100 is not enough to make them agresive towards you? Still it's weird that only these two are acting like this.

Edit: I see there aren't dispositon set for player in Marauder Faction, so too high personality is the real culprit?

Edited by RomanR

If you use NPCs Yield Refined having your stats so high will prevent them from becoming hostile even outside of the issue with disposition that RomanR has brought up (e.g. strength etc and how that affects your combat stats).

If you use NPCs Yield Refined having your stats so high will prevent them from becoming hostile even outside of the issue with disposition that RomanR has brought up (e.g. strength etc and how that affects your combat stats).

never heard of this mod, and i don't have any other on, the only ones on are an armor mod which started this thread and a 3rd person animation replacer

Are these marauders acting normaly if you aren't wearing that armor? In video I see all stats overpowered, not just speed. Seeing marauder's smile could mean that is also personality involved - so disposition set to -100 is not enough to make them agresive towards you? Still it's weird that only these two are acting like this.

Edit: I see there aren't dispositon set for player in Marauder Faction, so too high personality is the real culprit?

ill try increasing the value on all the factions that i have on this list

BanditFaction -100

BlackBowFaction -100

ConjurerFaction -100

CreatureFaction -100

LichFaction -100

MarauderFaction -100

NecromancerDungeon -100

OblivionCeatures-100

UndeadFaction -100

VampireFaction -100

ill modify them to -1000 and will update on if this works

Edit: i have modified the disposition to -1000, still getting the same issue

also yes when not wearing the armor the enemies attack as normal

Edit2: changed the disposition to -500 just in case oblivion cant read -1000 same issue but i have noticed the last couple times the marauders in different positions stopped attacking and at times the ones that didn't Attack in that video actually attacked

Edit3: Changing Personality to 0 before armor is called helps a little bit but still not perfect, found a cave to do the test that has both rats and wolves for testing since rats always attacked regardless and wolves did not, while changing my personality setting next to a wolf looked like it sparked a battle it actually didn't, but when i actually did it next to one nothing happened and my speechcraft was 0 as well but being boosted by 125 by the armor

Edit4: so changing personalty to 0 but only have the armor enchantment boosting it to 205 by enchant works for marauders but no their dogs appearently, but when i test it again against the wolves and rats when i start combat with the rats and finish it that is when the wolves close to the battle notice me and attack, but not the ones farther away(personality was 0 when i did this)

Edited by bomo99

I think the right way is to disable enchantment on your armor, not on player. Seeing marauders equip it looks like you are testing it with new character - so player's stats are only a fraction of it and setting player's personality to 0 will not have effect. It can also be that game can ignore disposition higher then some value (for example if you set it to -500, the game will still count max -100), but it's only my theory.

And I'm assuming you are setting disposition towards right faction (PlayerFaction), just for sure?

I think the right way is to disable enchantment on your armor, not on player. Seeing marauders equip it looks like you are testing it with new character - so player's stats are only a fraction of it and setting player's personality to 0 will not have effect. It can also be that game can ignore disposition higher then some value (for example if you set it to -500, the game will still count max -100), but it's only my theory.

And I'm assuming you are setting disposition towards right faction (PlayerFaction), just for sure?

i am using a custom faction to do the -100 just to find a fix for this issue, i installed Refscope just to see if i might have added the player to any factions i wasn't suppose to through vortex and it asked me if i wanted to save changes to my mod and i said yes, so im going to go through again after this to see if this caused an issue but i did go through with personality 0 to 2 locations

Fort Strand - 2 Bandits outside attacked and all marauders inside Attacked

Bedrock Break - All Rats and Wolves Attacked

i was shocked when i got this so i wanted to experiment further, so i change my personality back to normal and tried a few more

Rockmilk Cave - All Bandits, Marauders, and Black Bow Bandits attacked

Cursed Mine - All Bandits except for the dog attacked

Barren Cave - Some Vampire didn't attack until i fought a skeleton in a room then all attacked

Memorial Cave - Some Vampire didn't Attack until i fought a skeleton, also the wolf at the beginning didn't attack when i walked in or before leaving

Edit1: okay after some tests i have these results

if i have personality to 0 then back to normal it changes a little but not definite

if i leave it at 0 all npcs attack but not all creatures, bandit/marauder dogs don't attack at all no matter what i try, but when i am near wolves they don't attack, but when i unsheath my sword they notice a threat

Edited by bomo99

In my experience the bandit and marauder dogs won't attack you at higher levels/stats because they don't have very high aggression settings (as opposed to the marauders and bandits themselves who are almost entirely set to 100 aggression).