Moving and rotating "connected" parts

I would assume (yeah, I know...) you would be able to do that like beth did. Use buttons for the various positions, just push the button corresponding to the position you want next. (multi-level elevators.)

There are no "multi level elevators" in the game.

(Except the ones added by that settlement stuff DLC)

But yes, something like this (multiple animations in one NIF) actually is in the vanilla game.

I can't think of an example right now (of course)

Actually, no!

I don't need to animate that scissor lift thing.

I think a hydraulic cylinder with 3 telescoping segments will work.

73722383-1640641017.png

That way I can get the required height, it will still be compact enough in the "retracted" state that it will fit under the platform in its lowest position and I can just use one single "translate to" at a time to sequentially move each part.

Two of these thing, one at the front, one at the rear, the pieces of one will be refattached to the other, so they will "both" move the same way.

Problem solved.

No fancy 3ds animations needed.

Just scripting.

it is probably worth making full-fledged animations of all the necessary sequences. The implementation can be viewed in the "glass elevator institute" mod, where 5 floors are implemented (I don't remember exactly) in 10 sequences. There is no fundamental difference in the movement of the platform in space. It's just a matter of working with the animation of the model. Work with a 3D object in max.

I guess I am going to have to learn how to do animations in 3ds max ...

Â

Is there a tutorial for creating nifs with different animations in one nif file?

(So I could have a "go from position 1 to position 2", "go from position 2 to position 1", "go from position 2 to position 3", "go from position 3 to position 2", ..... all in one nif file, and play the animations with a script)

I don't know if there are any tutorial articles or not. I know how to make such nif in max and nifscop. But I donât know how to run sequences with a script later, simply because I donât know how to create scripts. I know for sure that custom sequences can be launched by a script, but I myself am able to use only vanilla sequences in ck. Therefore, I suggested that you study the ready-made mod of the institute's elevator, which implements the control of an animated platform with a large number of sequences and copy the principle from there.If you don't know how to create the nif itself with custom sequences in max, then later, in my spare time, I can write a short description.