What are good specs to run Skyrim fully modded?

alextrep

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop and I would like to know if the specs are good to run Skyrim fully modded without any trouble or low fps.

I got the Alienware 14 and here are the specs:

-4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor

-Windows 7 Home Premium

-8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz(will maybe upgrade it to 16GB)

-750GB Hard Drive(to run Windows)

-256GB SSD(to run Skyrim, I bought it separately and will install it myself)

-NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5

I know this is a really good laptop but will it run Skyrim smoothly even with a lot of textures, meshes, ENBs and many more mods?

You're in the clear to run some pretty hi-res stuff. If you're going to use the Skyrim HD mod then I would reccomend using the 2k textures rather than the 4k because the difference is hardly noticible and it can add a good 10 fps. I currently run Project ENB (one of the heaviest hitting enbs performance-wise) and all textures on High except Skyrim HD which I run on med and I run an average of 30 fps.

My PC specs:

• Processor
    intel Core i7 930 3.2GHz (OC)
  • Memory
    CORSAIR Vengeance 6x4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS P6T Deluxe/OC Palm LGA 1366
  • Graphics Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 TI 4GB VRam
Edited by jordan7890

Good specs for enjoying Skyrim to its fullest, most hi-res state are:

• An i7 Intel CPU, or a great AMD (I'm not too familiar with their processors)
  • 8GB or more of DDR3 RAM
  • An Nvidia Graphics card, preferably built with Haswell architecture as opposed to Kepler. AMD can be pretty good. NEVER get tricked into standalone Intel HD Graphics. Those graphics are integrated into the CPU, and a piece of s#*!. They come standard on most i7's, but make sure to get a computer that has another graphics card as well. Here's a good comparison list.
  • 1-6GB of VRAM, personally I'd recommend about 2 or above.
  • A 1600x900 display or greater. The higher the numbers, the greater the HD resolution (usually). I've unfortunately been tricked into a 1366x768. It's not bad, but it's not great either. It's certainly manageable, but I'd rather have my old 1600x900 back.

I don't know much about motherboards and SSDs, unfortunately, but you should be well-off with that Alienware. :wink:

I run around 220 mods and tons of high res texture packs, on ultra settings, and I have a lower spec computer then you.

Just make sure to not over do it on high res texture packs, the 3.1gig ram ceiling exists for every computer, no matter how crazy! ^_^