MED-E: Medical Eyebot

d0ct0rluvsu

I've been wanting to get a Medical Eyebot companion since the Lonesome Road DLC w it came out, but for some reason that's where my GECK knowledge runs out. I want just a normal MED-E, support instead of offense, scaled equally to my character, possibly with a sentry bot voice. The Medical Eyebots would be perfect for a medicine oriented character even as a medic's bodyguard, feasibly a FoA tech bot. Something is telling me that this is pretty damn easy, so if someone could give me a hand that would be f*cking amazing. I'm certain that I'm not the only one.

Thanks!http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110922200754/fallout/images/6/6a/Medical_eyebot.png

Edited by d0ct0rluvsu

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to get a Medical Eyebot companion since the Lonesome Road DLC w it came out....I want just a normal MED-E, support instead of offense, scaled equally to my character, possibly with a sentry bot voice. The Medical Eyebots would be perfect for a medicine oriented character even as a medic's bodyguard,

Well I am getting ready to work on K8-E a cowgirl eyebot from the Sunset Sarsaparilla Wild West amusement park. Pic (upper left corner);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/SSWWbotsg_zps0ee7cc8d.jpg

But it wouldn't be a simple companion if I did it. I'd probably go with a small adventure in teh divide to discover it near or in Ulysses' Temple (didn't it collapse?). It would also be a full companion wheel, dialog (beeps) etc. So with the other projects I'm working on it wouldn't be done right away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK starting back up with the modding (slowly) so send me ideas on the medbot. I was looking for abbreviations of Doctors, emergency repsonse techs etc that would make a good name, but havn't found one yet.

I'v also got a bit of the hang of niVisController nodes which means we can have the medbot have a scalpal or cleaver/bone saw appear in it's multitool. Or a hat appear atop it, etc. So ideas in that regard are also appreciated.

OK starting back up with the modding (slowly) so send me ideas on the medbot. I was looking for abbreviations of Doctors, emergency repsonse techs etc that would make a good name, but havn't found one yet.

I'v also got a bit of the hang of niVisController nodes which means we can have the medbot have a scalpal or cleaver/bone saw appear in it's multitool. Or a hat appear atop it, etc. So ideas in that regard are also appreciated.

Medical Emergency Deterrent - Eyebot

That's the best I can come up with.

Also, I agree there should be an mini adventure with this, maybe collecting eyebot spare parts throughout the Divide after you deal with Ulysses and assemble it with Repair and/or Science skills. (Also, when you first start it up, you need to be equipped with an armor associated with the U.S. Army (Army combat armor, Ulysses/House duster, General outfit, Riot gear...) since it was mentioned that the Medical eyebots saved Ulysses because of the clothes he wore)

Maybe give it the ability to turn on commissary terminals? Since if ED-E dies/leaves you at the end, all the commissary terminals not unlocked already are locked for good.

It should probably get some unique features to stop it from being an exact copy of ED-E I was thinking maybe you can make it manufacture 2 Rad-aways/2 Med-Xs/3 Stimpaks/1 Super Stim/ per day, the same way ED-E (Divide) manufactures Energy cells/Flamer fuel/Satchel charges

Another idea, if you completed ED-E my love already, you can upgrade MED-E with spare parts (Scrap metal, electronics, conductors...), but you can only do the same upgrade as ED-E 1.0 (Mojave) (Armor if you went to the BoS or Weapon damage if you went to the Followers) The upgrade should be visibly make MED-E look cleaner.

P.S. Maybe you can place a part of MED-E in the end game locker (With a message explaining its origin, either from Ulysses or in the form of a prewar instructions manual, you decide.), picking it up starts the quest to find other spare parts and after you collect all of it, you take it to Ulysses temple to assemble it. And then you're given pretty much the same choices as when you met ED-E(Mojave): Assemble with Repair skills, rewire backup circuits to make repair easier or just use spare parts

P.P.S. Is it possible to interact with OWB so the upgrades available for the Auto-doc (Hair cut, change appearance) is also available for MED-E? Also, maybe a Project Nevada compatibility patch that gives it the ability to perform implant surgery.

Edited by ssskoopa

I was thinking of approaching this from teh other direction. For example on my cowgirl eyebot I named her K8-E ie Katie. Ideally I'd like to find an acronym that resembles a name but is an actual degree, title etc (whether physician or emt/paramedic). But so far, no abbreviation of any american medical title has been suitable.

Maybe give it the ability to turn on commissary terminals? Since if ED-E dies/leaves you at the end, all the commissary terminals not unlocked already are locked for good.

It should probably get some unique features to stop it from being an exact copy of ED-E I was thinking maybe you can make it manufacture 2 Rad-aways/2 Med-Xs/3 Stimpaks/1 Super Stim/ per day, the same way ED-E (Divide) manufactures Energy cells/Flamer fuel/Satchel charges

Good idea on the medical supplies and commissary.

(Also, when you first start it up, you need to be equipped with an armor associated with the U.S. Army (Army combat armor, Ulysses/House duster, General outfit, Riot gear...) since it was mentioned that the Medical eyebots saved Ulysses because of the clothes he wore)

I like the idea of the med bots being programmed to recognize U.S. military personal, although I'm not too sure how to work that angle in for the player. Ie. does Ulysses mention it the player, is there a log on one of the terminals etc. What tips the player off to the new info *before* he activates a med bot (or does wearing the uniform after a med-bot sees you update your security status). It's very likely the player will be repairing/reviving a damaged or disabled med bot since, I was under the impression that the temple is no longer accessible after the final confrontation....implying those med-bots are MIA. One note; since you can reprogram them to fight for you (with high science skill & repair) during the final battle I'd assume that the same is possible (for skilled characters) for any med-bot found. Maybe the uniform trick can be used for those that don't have the required skillset.

Also, I agree there should be an mini adventure with this, maybe collecting eyebot spare parts throughout the Divide after you deal with Ulysses and assemble it with Repair and/or Science skills.

&

P.S. Maybe you can place a part of MED-E in the end game locker (With a message explaining its origin, either from Ulysses or in the form of a prewar instructions manual, you decide.), picking it up starts the quest to find other spare parts and after you collect all of it, you take it to Ulysses temple to assemble it. And then you're given pretty much the same choices as when you met ED-E(Mojave): Assemble with Repair skills, rewire backup circuits to make repair easier or just use spare parts

I think we can do spare parts littered about, although I think the temple's lower levels are destroyed....I'll have to check.

Another idea, if you completed ED-E my love already, you can upgrade MED-E with spare parts (Scrap metal, electronics, conductors...), but you can only do the same upgrade as ED-E 1.0 (Mojave) (Armor if you went to the BoS or Weapon damage if you went to the Followers)

My initial reaction is I'd rather not use anything from ED-E's quest, it seems like that plot line is best left just for ED-E.

The upgrade should be visibly make MED-E look cleaner.

we can swap textures to make a cleaner version with upgrades or having multiple spare parts or some other justification for an overhaul. Maybe putting him in a pod like ED-E 2.0 was found in (at the begining) will fix him up like new.

Although I read somewhere that the pod he was in, wasn't a storage/repair pod, but rather a device that remote scanned ED-E 1.0 and cloned/constructed it. But then again the description also states ED-E 2.0 is fashioned from the parts of the mysterious package the courier delivered (and caused the divide via a launch activation of a lot of the nukes). So pretty confusing story on the origin issue.

P.P.S. Is it possible to interact with OWB so the upgrades available for the Auto-doc (Hair cut, change appearance) is also available for MED-E? Also, maybe a Project Nevada compatibility patch that gives it the ability to perform implant surgery.

Yes those can be added. We'll have to include them cautiously so as not to disrupt game balance (I think the auto doc only allows one change of appearance). I'm afraid I don't know anything about Project Nevada, but standard implants shouldn't be a problem if the player still has the same restrictions (max amount based on endurance). Maybe with new implants that are based on military requirements (ie reduced crippling or other combat related health benefits).

I was thinking of approaching this from teh other direction. For example on my cowgirl eyebot I named her K8-E ie Katie. Ideally I'd like to find an acronym that resembles a name but is an actual degree, title etc (whether physician or emt/paramedic). But so far, no abbreviation of any american medical title has been suitable.

Good idea on the medical supplies and commissary.

(Also, when you first start it up, you need to be equipped with an armor associated with the U.S. Army (Army combat armor, Ulysses/House duster, General outfit, Riot gear...) since it was mentioned that the Medical eyebots saved Ulysses because of the clothes he wore)

I like the idea of the med bots being programmed to recognize U.S. military personal, although I'm not too sure how to work that angle in for the player. Ie. does Ulysses mention it the player, is there a log on one of the terminals etc. What tips the player off to the new info *before* he activates a med bot (or does wearing the uniform after a med-bot sees you update your security status). It's very likely the player will be repairing/reviving a damaged or disabled med bot since, I was under the impression that the temple is no longer accessible after the final confrontation....implying those med-bots are MIA. One note; since you can reprogram them to fight for you (with high science skill & repair) during the final battle I'd assume that the same is possible (for skilled characters) for any med-bot found. Maybe the uniform trick can be used for those that don't have the required skillset.

Also, I agree there should be an mini adventure with this, maybe collecting eyebot spare parts throughout the Divide after you deal with Ulysses and assemble it with Repair and/or Science skills.

&

I think we can do spare parts littered about, although I think the temple's lower levels are destroyed....I'll have to check.

Another idea, if you completed ED-E my love already, you can upgrade MED-E with spare parts (Scrap metal, electronics, conductors...), but you can only do the same upgrade as ED-E 1.0 (Mojave) (Armor if you went to the BoS or Weapon damage if you went to the Followers)

My initial reaction is I'd rather not use anything from ED-E's quest, it seems like that plot line is best left just for ED-E.

The upgrade should be visibly make MED-E look cleaner.

we can swap textures to make a cleaner version with upgrades or having multiple spare parts or some other justification for an overhaul. Maybe putting him in a pod like ED-E 2.0 was found in (at the begining) will fix him up like new.

Although I read somewhere that the pod he was in, wasn't a storage/repair pod, but rather a device that remote scanned ED-E 1.0 and cloned/constructed it. But then again the description also states ED-E 2.0 is fashioned from the parts of the mysterious package the courier delivered (and caused the divide via a launch activation of a lot of the nukes). So pretty confusing story on the origin issue.

Yes those can be added. We'll have to include them cautiously so as not to disrupt game balance (I think the auto doc only allows one change of appearance). I'm afraid I don't know anything about Project Nevada, but standard implants shouldn't be a problem if the player still has the same restrictions (max amount based on endurance). Maybe with new implants that are based on military requirements (ie reduced crippling or other combat related health benefits).

I think Ulysses DID mention that he was saved by prewar machines because of his duster. Though you can always just make a window pop up that says something alone the lines of "Authorized Personnel Only" when you activate it without wearing an army themed armor. Also, I mentioned that there should be a message from Ulysses/Prewar instruction manual in the LR end game reward box explaining the origins of MED-E (Alone with the first MED-E part to get you started), so you can probably just put it there.

As for the fact that you can program the other medical eyebots during the Ulysses fight... Well... ED-E is a much more advanced version of the Enclave eyebots, so I think it makes sense to make MED-E a one of a kind prototype that's much more advanced than your average medical eyebots and requires special procedures to activate.

P.S. The Sink Auto-Doc can do facial reconstruction multiple times, the one time thing was the psych re-evaluation that let you pick traits again.

P.P.S. Ulysses temple is still accessible after Lonesome Road end game. There are war heads in there for that war head challenge after all.

Edited by ssskoopa

I could be wrong but I don't think any of the bots would recognize Ulysses as military personal because of his old world duster. Maybe something like us army combat armor or the us army general outfit might be something they would recognize.

So I was thinking that sometimes high ranking officers (for instance a general) could have a personal physician. This med-bot could fall into that category with a great deal more advanced medical/trauma programs than a common field medic med-bot. Possibly with better hardware as well. General Martin Retslaf (ghoulified, probable suicide, where the generals jacket is obtained) would be a good candidate. We can assume that before committing suicide he ordered one of the sentry bots to destroy the med bot (so there would be no resuscitation attempt).

I could be wrong but I don't think any of the bots would recognize Ulysses as military personal because of his old world duster. Maybe something like us army combat armor or the us army general outfit might be something they would recognize.

"They only take what parts they find in the Divide, never roam beyond it - can't even leave the silos without a human to shadow, like hounds. Maybe they saw the flag on my jacket, thought I was of America. If so, history saved me. A sign."

That's his own words.

We can assume that before committing suicide he ordered one of the sentry bots to destroy the med bot (so there would be no resuscitation attempt).

Uhh...I don't think it's back story needs to be THAT complicated. As I said before, MED-E is the only one of its kind, so a backstory about how it was a prototype shipped to the Divide shortly before the war but never activated would be fine.