Can't leave Solstheim

courtofappeal

I honestly have no idea and this is frustrating me to lunacy.

I am in Sostheim now, and I can't leave it. When I try, I either get CTD on load screen or get stuck at the load screen forever.

I can fast travel to locations within Solstheim, but I can't return to Windhelm, I can't go into Raven Rock Mine either.

Console COC command to say, Whiterun, doesn't work. I can still go to QAsmoke though.

Dragonborn quest has not started. I just came to Solstheim on a whim on a recently started game.

When I try loading a previous save before I came to Solstheim (at the dock in Windhelm), I get the same infinite loading screen.

I can start a new game however.

I did not install a new mod since I came to Solstheim.

I know this is all really vague (I'm not even attaching my plugin list here), but is this a known issue of some kind?

I really hoped to actually play the game this installation of Skyrim around...

Edit: the save I made at Windhelm dock CTDs upon finishing to load, but the save before that, which was made at the gate of Windhelm loads. Can someone tell me what could cause this kind of behavior? What seems to have happened is that from the point when I was at Windhelm dock, something changed in some manner in such a way that I can only be in Solstheim and not Skyrim (didn't do an extensive testing to see where I could and couldn't go, but this seems to be the case).

Edited by courtofappeal

I had a similar problem, and I'm not completely sure what caused it. It fixed itself in a couple days. Like your case, loading a save near the Windhelm docks after I first went to Solstheim also caused me to crash, even if the save existed before I first traveled to Solstheim.

Before it magically fixed itself, I also found another possible fix. I was not able to quick travel back to Skyrim without crashing, but I was able to pay the boat captain to return to *Skyrim* successfully.

Edited by Rennn

Thanks.

You mean pay the boat captain to go back to Skyrim? Is there a captain that takes you to Cyrodiil?

If you are talking about the captain of the Northern maiden (the same vessel that I cam to Solstheim on) then that's the first thing I tried, and it doesnt work for me. Like I said, I cant even get into Raven Rock mine. The only place I can go is qasmoke and open areas in Solstheim, together with cells that require short loadings like buildings within solstheim.

I loaded the save that works which was made at Windhelm gate, went to Solstheim and tried returning to Skyrim immediately, and the same result.

Rebooting the computer didnt fix the problem. Installing the newest version of video card driver didn't. I hope this goes away like in your case. Sigh...

Edited by courtofappeal