Solid State Hard drives

Is it true that with the New Universal Power Supply surge protectors Units installed they can lower our power debt?

SSD verses HDD

My STEAM Library is on a 1 Terabyte SSD and swaps back and forth from another SSD 250 GB where Windows 10 OS boot disk is. The exchange across the ports, the MoBo jack through the MoBo back to the USB jack is so fast I don't think I have a measuring device in my electronics tools that could measure it.

Maybe my dual oscilloscope could see how much out of sync they might be. It could show some minor signal distortion from current amperage distortions.

I would likely detect some bridges in the computers MoBo slowing the smooth flow of amps, because it may have some resister's between gates that do not allow the flow of current along the chain of capacitors, diode, and triode gates chains for smoothing the flow of traffic between ports as swiftly possible.

If you know of any MoBo which have had that taken care of I would be interested to know about them. If then the current flow through resistors along the triodes, triodes, and capacitors bridges is smoother from such latency along the copper freeways problems in the circuitry.

Any recent MoBo's that no longer have lag from dirty back copper roads better suited for 4WD's in their circuitry? :wink: :wink:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that with the New Universal Power Supply surge protectors Units installed they can lower our power debt?

SSD verses HDD

My STEAM Library is on a 1 Terabyte SSD and swaps back and forth from another SSD 250 GB where Windows 10 OS boot disk is. The exchange across the ports, the MoBo jack through the MoBo back to the USB jack is so fast I don't think I have a measuring device in my electronics tools that could measure it.

Maybe my dual oscilloscope could see how much out of sync they might be. It could show some minor signal distortion from current amperage distortions.

I would likely detect some bridges in the computers MoBo slowing the smooth flow of amps, because it may have some resister's between gates that do not allow the flow of current along the chain of capacitors, diode, and triode gates chains for smoothing the flow of traffic between ports as swiftly possible.

If you know of any MoBo which have had that taken care of I would be interested to know about them. If then the current flow through resistors along the triodes, triodes, and capacitors bridges is smoother from such latency along the copper freeways problems in the circuitry.

Any recent MoBo's that no longer have lag from dirty back copper roads better suited for 4WD's in their circuitry? :wink: :wink:

All those problems have been taken care of years ago by Snickers, by adding a caramel layer between the nuts and regular tempered chocolate.

• 2 months later...

just wan to give some feedback on my ssd system with hdd backup solution: 1x samsung 970Evo 1TB nvme system drive and 2x crucial mx500 2TB as raid 0 for software and games. 3x 2TB 2,5" USB 3.0 HDD for backup purposes on demand.

- noise: 0db super silent

- reliability: 100% since 1Q 2019.

- performance: a pleasure for daily work and gaming.

if you like a good compromise of silence and performance i can recommend such a configuration

just wan to give some feedback on my ssd system with hdd backup solution: 1x samsung 970Evo 1TB nvme system drive and 2x crucial mx500 2TB as raid 0 for software and games. 3x 2TB 2,5" USB 3.0 HDD for backup purposes on demand.

- noise: 0db super silent

- reliability: 100% since 1Q 2019.

- performance: a pleasure for daily work and gaming.

if you like a good compromise of silence and performance i can recommend such a configuration

Not that's what I call a favorable way for Packing it in! Nothing to pack out when we leave the Cyberworld wildernesses nature provided us when the geniuses discovered how to Cloud all the stuff we can think of at a Simulated family game town.

With the Cloud, such memories will be kept privately contained forever! Or at least until mankind's sentient beings cease to exist and if and when a Sentient AI may one day recreate the Universe we BARELY know much about from our own views of our own galaxies beauty and solid state that we can drive, fly, and swim around in TOO. Matter matters!

i hate clouds and to be fully dependent on online services and what is the context with the thread topic ? :unsure:

no net no data ? SSD in a cloud ? :laugh:

if i need bandwidth for my data i'm sure i will not get it, in times i need the net it will surely not be available or too slow for me. in case the provider is down or hacked i'm without all my data. in case the game provider is down or hacked i'm without all my games. people were not prepared for corona and they will not be prepared for partial or full net shutdown - is this the goal ? if they believe blindly in cloud services and the health system. ok for them...

but i like to reduce all these hidden risks of a full anonymous cloud dependency. this will never be an option for me.

so back to topic: SSD... :wink:

Do you have a family?

The Electronic Cloud is just another way to save our lineage, our genealogy, our family history we, some of us, think is dear to us.

Unless you are single and live in a bomb sheltered life, you have a good reason to reserve your families history in every way there is to store it.

The computer ISP Cloud Service is a Testament of your life and anyone's who cares to leave one for their offspring in a place like the Cloud, just in case we lose touch with each other.

The electronic ones are there to save our family ties just as the dried leaf books, clay, stone, paper, cloth, leather, papyrus, silicone, and plastic one does now The Cloud is a Silicone Book, a Testament to our lives.

We all have been touched by someone, about the testament, something brought on by ancient tribes that evolved from clans living in caves to a hierarchy in a Hamlet, a larger village, a town, a city. The first small Hamlet's had a monarchy, before religions formed came along to take the throne from under those who already owned theirs in a Castle and sat upon it to judge their immediate families actions throughout their lifetime.

The Internet Cloud is just one way to store and save our life's familiar history. A testament to our life, that we live day to day, breath the air, have family, have children, and a way of hope our family will not be forgotten.

After last night torrential rainfall, and now the damp air this morning, I was reminded just how important a certain barge is floating out at Sea on the Ocean and also the satellites floating around in outer space are. The ways to save that part of us we cannot keep alive because we are frail human being and die, the CLOUD is another saving place for members of families to find and remember us.

The two that Elon Musk has, one floating on water on a barge and another in outer space; so our history does not flounder in any one case or the other following the Earth's ways, weather, and such. All the cloud does is store our family history, memories of our life for all time when someone will want to look back who NO LONGER has the EDU like you and I so we can find our ancestory.

No one will ever see anything on the Cloud they have no ability too, not with security set up like it has been for a long time now. The Book of our Family Genealogy is safe as long as someone in our family holds the key to the old shelter, the key username and password only an administrator can access, and do you know what a task it would be for any that has that rite to look in?

Why would they want to seek your family genealogy from the Cloud, online?

It's important to so many people, who have become aware, because they read the Old Books which date back more then 20,000 years full of lists of names of families who were taken in by a new order of religious people, we think started up only around 2,000 years ago, some time long ago. Before you or any of us were born.

The Torah, German Family Bible, Chinese Historical Records on Clay tablets, and even my families old cloth records that could get wet and rot, might prove to you that 2,000,000 years ago there were, we, people living in an advanced society even more so than our is today. Don't take my word on that for your own families sake.

I repeat; Unless you are single and live in a bomb sheltered life you have a good reason to reserve your history in every way there is to store it.

I don't want to post my family history in the internet. Folks can already find more information on me than I am comfortable with, with just a simple google search on my name.... and that ISN'T info I put out there personally, it is scraped from various other sources, (public info) and collected together by various other folks. I do not have a social media presence, nor do I want one. I am not, and never will be, on Facebook. I have my friends/families phone numbers, and email addresses, and they have mine. I don't put much value into knowing who my ancestors were, beyond my living parents. Everyone else is dead and buried. I have more family than I will EVER know about, scattered around multiple countries. Do I want to know about them? Nope. Not really. I am just not that curious. :D

Granted, for somethings, cloud storage is a great idea. It's data that will pretty much always be there, and in most cases, is accessible from anywhere you can access the internet. However, for data intensive endeavors, such as playing beth games...... trying to do that over a network would suck. Folks complain about long load times now???? Imagine if you had to wait while those files came down the pipe... Or, you wanted to play while your ISP was having an outage? It happens. Remember, even 99% up time, means the better part of 3 per year days of downtime.

Edited by HeyYou

I don't want to post my family history in the internet. Folks can already find more information on me than I am comfortable with, with just a simple google search on my name.... and that ISN'T info I put out there personally, it is scraped from various other sources, (public info) and collected together by various other folks. I do not have a social media presence, nor do I want one. I am not, and never will be, on Facebook. I have my friends/families phone numbers, and email addresses, and they have mine. I don't put much value into knowing who my ancestors were, beyond my living parents. Everyone else is dead and buried. I have more family than I will EVER know about, scattered around multiple countries. Do I want to know about them? Nope. Not really. I am just not that curious. :D

Granted, for somethings, cloud storage is a great idea. It's data that will pretty much always be there, and in most cases, is accessible from anywhere you can access the internet. However, for data intensive endeavors, such as playing beth games...... trying to do that over a network would suck. Folks complain about long load times now???? Imagine if you had to wait while those files came down the pipe... Or, you wanted to play while your ISP was having an outage? It happens. Remember, even 99% up time, means the better part of 3 per year days of downtime.

Edit. Oh! Social Media account... You mean you don't have any other social media account other then like Forums nexusmods com social media?

All I had to do to find out how much the Internet displays about me I found by using the Search engine in the browser. I found out what some people were talking about behind my back. Now I don't even want to know some of the people who still want to be in a list of friends at my old gamers accounts which was the best other modders site akin TESNexusmods in America. xD

I kinda miss the Mens website where they had a test to find out which was more nutritious; the Cat or the Dog, and they discover Cats are better tasting and nutritious. My dog audibly sighed. The cat looked a little bit worried when we both turn an eye in the cats direction. Fallout 3 was still HOT at the time.

A. Your information is not going INTO the Internet. The Internet is a road like the one you travel back and forth to the place you hunt or shop. Until you get the page you want opened you're on the fastest freeway in Cyberspace, nothing on the Freeway, except a few broken down positive orbs that are too weak to hop to the next shop, all you do is stop at stores. Nothing you don't put there is on your private CLOUD! The Cloud is your's, just like your account here a Nexusmods, Personalized and Secure. Unless you have a family and each of you has their account linked to yours it's PRIVATE and then it is more secure then the store you might shop at with a new account, handing over all your personal information. Joining a Genealogy website stores all you family blue-jeans on their CLOUD so they don't lose it and get sued for losing it.

B. Gaming Saves, playtime, and other activities do have a Cloud at the Server your Games are stored on. Once you've put your game on your machine STEAM or any other service is no longer necessary except maybe in the case where you get a CTD to the desktop STEAMs Cloud can Save your Save if you let it.

C. Now, all video game sites; Including STEAM, VORTEX, and GOG for RPG gaming pleasure can be started in the Offline Mode simply by disconnecting your computer's Internet link to the Online status for say STEAM (or whoever gets you drooling) and you can play LIKE the good ol' Days of MORROWIND with no connection to the Internet was ever needed until they offered a DLC or MODs. While you have your Internet turned off at the source (back of your computer or disconnected from the box the ISP provided you should be able to play any and all games like MORROWIND through to Skyrim SE. I unplug the LAN cable so there's no electric interference from the power line to the box from the Electric Power Companies A/C supply because it can actually and is actually being used as a data transfer service by the Power Companies and the Railroads tracking system on the same wires like the one coming into the house. Which can really actually have some static that interferes with all the appliances we have plugged into a twenty box cord external extra plug in stack.

D. If you worry too much about the security of your information, you're still living in a terrible place and should move to one where you're the only one that has any access to your computer, console, or Wii box besides you. 80% of problems with home computers are caused by family members either not computer literate, who are hacking for the fun of finding out what your account holds, or literally your family member is trying to get into some private file you have NotShared in the setup. Like it or not, Family is always the first one to suspect.

my opinion to this cloud hype is: cloud is good and useful for business but i will never ever use for it for my private things as far as i'm able to abstain. i do not need a big brother while playing games but game industry blackmails me more and more to let them in. this in my eyes a kind of fraud because nobody knows exactly what information is diverted from my pc.

but it is interesting to see how people treat their private life. one extreme are the influencers - even selling their privacy - putting it in a cloud and searching for any plattform to get more money and getting more likes and people who blindly trust cloud and internet services - even for private purposes.

there are people who do not care for their privacy (including their children) even not getting one cent for that.

and there are people who care for private life and try to give their children a chance to decide by themselves if they want to be found by google services or not. and i'm like heyyou one of them. i try to avoid all social services i do not need for a specific reason. i use just what i need because there is no reasonable alternative. and a cloud service to share my private data is defintely not what i need.
twitter and facebook may be a nice to have - but i live a healthy digital life without them.
do i need facebook or twitter for climbing mountains with friends or for gaming ? i don't think so.
does anyone needs my private picture gallery in the internet apart from misusing or selling it ? i don't think so.
ask the famous actors with their misused private images. i don't want to share their experiences

and last but not least there are "bomb sheltered" people who ignore and avoid any digital development.