8 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559,812 posts
Subnautica on Steroids

Mostly quality of life and performance improvement mods that aim to make Subnautica more fast-paced, fun and enjoyable for players who already experienced enough of the vanilla experience.

Revadahk

Revadahk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

I am moderately experienced with modding (not so much collections) but i have not played subnautica before nor modded it, so is hard for me to know when there are problems. I installed the collection and this popped up;

unknown.png?width=400&height=181

The game loads just fine, and the Map mod seems to function as intended but i thought of posting it here since i know this is all experimental and feedback can be very helpful; are these errors safe to ignore or have i done something wrong on installation? I don't have premium btw, if relevant;

kaiwoklaws

kaiwoklaws

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I am moderately experienced with modding (not so much collections) but i have not played subnautica before nor modded it, so is hard for me to know when there are problems. I installed the collection and this popped up;

unknown.png?width=400&height=181

The game loads just fine, and the Map mod seems to function as intended but i thought of posting it here since i know this is all experimental and feedback can be very helpful; are these errors safe to ignore or have i done something wrong on installation? I don't have premium btw, if relevanI

I got the same errors.  I dismissed them and all the mods seem to work.  I have manually modded Subnautica extensively on previous play-throughs.  Will update if I run into any problems.  Only mod I uninstalled is PDA Radio, because this automatically advances the story and I like to avoid time pressures.

Edit:  After testing, I get a reminder that the collection is incomplete every time I load vortex.  The reminder should automatically disable if, at one point, all the mods were downloaded and enabled.  Freedom to personalize the collection should be encouraged. 

I would like to note that all the mods work well together and the collections system is functional. 

Edited by kaiwoklaws, 08 February 2022 - 02:00 AM.

ReVzMods

ReVzMods

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm fairly new collections and modding, I got the same error installing the collection with BetterPowerInfo 1.0.0, Custom Batteries v1.2.1, SubnauticaMap-12-1-5-3-1638866411.

That aside, I have missing textures here, I've tried reinstalling, reinstalling the mods that seem to be affected here and nothing I could do to fix this sadly. Just some feedback if anything I could get help would be appreciated. :)

I tried adding a image sadly It says I couldn't, the more ingots and hoader images are not there just white squares. 

So far though the collection is really awesome doing a hardcore run, If this mod doesn't actually effect the gameplay overall I wouldn't mind uninstalling it.

Gandr42

Gandr42

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a strange one. Near my first base in the Grassy Plateaus there is an area where hundreds of different fish have spawned. I don't mean a lot, I mean HUNDREDS. So many that if I get near it my frames drop into the single digits. I have to avoid the area at all costs and now the area has expanded so close to my base that I can't get into it anymore. The biters are so dense that if I get near them they eat me alive in seconds. I think it's seconds, the lag is so bad I can't tell. lol

I've modded, played and beat this game 20-30 times and never had an issue like this so something in this mod set is causing it.  Has anyone else had this issue or know which mod could cause it? 

Serpensin

Serpensin

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts

I can't turn my mouse at all.

LeavingUrBag

LeavingUrBag

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a strange one. Near my first base in the Grassy Plateaus there is an area where hundreds of different fish have spawned. I don't mean a lot, I mean HUNDREDS. So many that if I get near it my frames drop into the single digits. I have to avoid the area at all costs and now the area has expanded so close to my base that I can't get into it anymore. The biters are so dense that if I get near them they eat me alive in seconds. I think it's seconds, the lag is so bad I can't tell. lol

I've modded, played and beat this game 20-30 times and never had an issue like this so something in this mod set is causing it.  Has anyone else had this issue or know which mod could cause it? 

I am having this issue as well - it only recently developed. I have not yet found a solution to it

allmy

allmy

• Premium Member
  • 18 posts

new to subnautica and modding it. loving this mod so far but discovered another mod called "Automation" that i really want to try.

Anyone know if it would it be compatible with this collection before I risk an install?

kingquote

kingquote

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I had the problem with huge fish swarms as well and figured out the fix: the problem is the De-Extinction mod. So start by removing that one to fix the spawn rates. In order to remove the fish already present, you need to also delete the cash as explained here: https://forums.unkno...hat-dont-update

Be advised that terraforming changes will als be deleted, so if you have base parts that end up underground afterwards, you'll have to deconstruct and then reconstruct them to terraform the terrain again.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.031 seconds