• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Moonuela

Moonuela

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello. I've used Vortex in the past to mod stardew valley and skyrim when i had my windows system and games all installed in the same location ((C:)Drive), but recently i bought a SSD and i only use it for my windows, i avoid installing anything there since it doesn't have much space. 

The thing is, i want to install Skyrim Special Edition via Steam (both installed on my (D:)Drive) and mod it using Vortex and i tried finding tutorials but couldn't. I'm really bad at changing folders and locations so i would greatly appreciate a small tutorial for dumbs (myself). I looked the forum for it but couldn't find any, and i already had trouble in the past trying to do it without proper knowledge, the only thing i know is that i can't put mods in my vortex install directory. Please be patient with me, i'm really a beginner. I don't have any screenshots to attach since i want to do it properly from the start so i haven't installed anything yet.

Edited by Moonuela, 29 December 2021 - 03:11 PM.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,677 posts

Make sure your D:\ drive has an NTFS file system, then change the staging folder location for each game in the settings menu. 

Moonuela

Moonuela

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I looked on google what is NTFS file system and it is really confusing, can you please explain a bit further?

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,318 posts

If you open file explorer, click on This PC, it will show all the drives in your machine. Right click on your D drive, then left click on 'properties' in the context menu that comes up. On the general tab, it will tell you what kind of file system it uses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mods, location, folders

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.076 seconds