Horse Ownership? Please Help...

vemerce

Hey all. I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've made an assortment of new horse skins that I've had no problems getting into the game. The problem I am having though, is there's no way for me to actually make the horses owned by the player.

I've tried...

- Setting Faction of Horse to PlayerHorseFaction

- Placing the Horse in the world and setting the Cell View Ownership to NPC: Player

- Adding the Script "PlayerHorseScript" to the horses.

- Using the console to target the horses and type "setownership"

...Nothing I've tried so far changes them to be owned by the Player.

Ideally, I would like it so that if I spawn these horses at all, even via console, they come out already belonging to the Player. If that's not possible, I would settle for sticking them in the world and needing to mount them in order to own them.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I'm out of ideas and Google/YouTube searches have become less than helpful with this matter. Thank you.

Do you have Immersive Horses? It has its own ownership function that may avail your issue.

I do not. I'm not opposed to installing another mod as a work around, but I'd like to be able to make mine "self sufficient" and figure out why I can't set the ownership properly. I've been at this for like 9 hours so far, so it would be much more satisfying to be able to resolve it. lol

Edited by vemerce

Do you have Immersive Horses? It has its own ownership function that may avail your issue.

I do not. I'm not opposed to installing another mod as a work around, but I'd like to be able to make mine "self sufficient" and figure out why I can't set the ownership properly. I've been at this for like 9 hours so far, so it would be much more satisfying to be able to resolve it. lol

Other users who've had the same issue as you all managed to resolve it by setting faction or ownership through console from what I've seen, in terms of troubleshooting. I figured a built-in feature would act as a better failsafe - as for working with what you have, my past experience at the moment lends me nothing new to work with. Whatever the root of the issue is, previous solutions just don't seem to work for your game.

Create this script in one of your horse actors window:

Scriptname yourScript extends ObjectReference

ActorBaseProperty myActorBase Auto

Event OnInit()
   self.SetActorOwner(myActorBase)
EndEvent

Attach it to every horse actor. Klick on the Properties button and set myActorBase to player for each actor.