Thought everything was right, New game CTD after loading screen

jeyloh

I went tired of all the mod bugs so I uninstalled all my files to reinstall everything. This time I cleaned every file that needed it, I setted up the correct load order and I was very careful in the skyrimprefs and skyrim.ini files. This is a copy paste from BOSS:

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.
  • Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
  • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
  • HearthFires.esm Active
  • Falskaar.esm Active
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • JSwords.esm Active
  • moonpath.esm Active
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • RevampedExteriorFog.esp Active
  • Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp Active
  • Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active
  • JSwords_Load_Screens.esp Active
  • RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
  • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp Active
  • hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
  • Immersive Weapons.esp Active
  • Jojjos Warglaives.esp Active
  • JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active
  • Silverlight Armor.esp Active
  • WeaponsOf3E.esp Active
  • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • WeaponsOf3E - No Leveled Lists.esp Active
  • DeadlyDragons.esp Active
  • Inconsequential NPCs.esp Active
  • moonpath_questdata.esp Active
  • Headtracking.esp Active
  • longercandlelight5min.esp Active
  • aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp Active
  • MidasSkyrim.esp Active
  • conjure_chest.esp Active
  • DeadlySpellImpacts.esp Active
  • ACE Realistic Fighting.esp Active
  • The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp Active
  • ACE BYOG.esp Active
  • ACE Speech.esp Active
  • ACE Archery.esp Active
  • ACE Armor.esp Active
  • ACE Enchanting.esp Active
  • ACE Magic.esp Active
  • ACE Melee.esp Active
  • ACE Smithing.esp Active
  • ACE Synergy.esp Active
  • TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active
  • EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp Active
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp Active
  • Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
  • No More Glowing Edges.esp Active
  • WATER.esp Active
  • WATER Plants.esp Active
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I put all my mods in this order via the Nexus mod manager. Now that shouldn't be a problem I guess.

Also I use ENB with some skyrimprefs.ini tweaking, only the standards that I usually get to work.

• [Display]
  • iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
  • fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
  • fShadowDistance=8000
  • iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
  • iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
  • iShadowSplitCount=2
  • iMaxAnisotropy=1
  • fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
  • fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
  • fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=1e+007
  • fGamma=1.0000
  • fDecalLOD2=1500.0000
  • fDecalLOD1=1000.0000
  • fSpecularLODStartFade=2000
  • fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000
  • fLightLODStartFade=3500
  • iTexMipMapMinimum=0
  • iTexMipMapSkip=0
  • iWaterMultiSamples=0
  • iMultiSample=1
  • iShadowMode=3
  • bShadowsOnGrass=1
  • bTreesReceiveShadows=1
  • bDrawLandShadows=1
  • bFull Screen=1
  • iSize H=1080
  • iSize W=1920
  • fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
  • fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
  • fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000
  • fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
  • fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1e+007
  • fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=1e+007
  • iScreenShotIndex=2
  • bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
  • bMainZPrepass=0
  • iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25
  • iMaxDecalsPerFrame=100
  • bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
  • sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670"
  • bFXAAEnabled=0
  • iShadowMapResolution=4096
  • fShadowBiasScale=0.15
  • iShadowMaskQuarter=4
  • iAdapter=0
  • iPresentInterval=1
If needed, here is my skyrim.ini file:
  • [General]
  • sLanguage=ENGLISH
  • uGridsToLoad=5
  • uExterior Cell Buffer=36
  • [Display]
  • fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
  • fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
  • fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
  • iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
  • bAllowScreenshot=1
  • [Audio]
  • fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
  • fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
  • fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
  • fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0
  • [Grass]
  • bAllowCreateGrass=1
  • bAllowLoadGrass=0
  • [GeneralWarnings]
  • SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master
  • files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for
  • more information.
  • [Archive]
  • sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim -
  • Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
  • sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
  • [Combat]
  • fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
  • fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
  • [Papyrus]
  • fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
  • bEnableLogging=0
  • bEnableTrace=0
  • bLoadDebugInformation=0
  • [Water]
  • bReflectLODObjects=1
  • bReflectLODLand=1
  • bReflectSky=1
  • bReflectLODTrees=1
BOSS tells me that I should have no problems, only unrecognized file is ENB. Still I get CTDs right after the load screen on both new games and old saves. On old saves I need to change to uGridsToLoad back to 7.
Anyone got anything off their head that might fix this?

EDIT: Here is my pc specc, I doubt it is graphic ram that CTDs me, since I tried to disable mods like WATER, long distance and some textures.

Gainward GTX 670 2gb

Intel 3440 3,1mhz

8Gb 1600 mhz RAM

128GB SSD

Edited by jeyloh

I think you probably did not completely remove all of the effects of your older game.

I suggest that you start over, using the STEP guide's instructions for reverting to vanilla skyrim and then adding mods/making changes only one at a time, testing in game for a bit before adding the next change.

It may seem to be time consuming, but I suspect it will ultimately take less time and be more successful than trying to fix a broken game that may be affected by lingering effects of an old install.

The below may help you, good luck.

Here are my recommendations for trouble-free modding.

1. Go to STEP and follow the directions to revert to vanilla skyrim.

2. Start a new game, do not attempt to apply an old save, it will not work and may reintroduce corruption back into your now clean game.

3. Do not make any changes at all until you exit Helgen (the other option is to start with an alternate start mod to avoid the Helgen sequence.)

4, Before making any changes, read everything available on the subject. If it is a mod, read every last word of the readme, description, discussion thread, everything. If it is an ini change, google it, visit a few reputable sources and determine if it is worth trying. Just because one guy puts up a list of his ini changes and swears buy it does not mean it will work for you, and it might even make things worse. When considering any change, mod, .ini file, setting, whatever, consider it in light of your own system hardware and software and the other mods/changes you intend to make. Investigate any possible conflicts before adding it.

5. When you are ready to make any changes (mods, ini settings, anything) attempt only 1 or two at a time. If it's a mod, run BOSS. BOSS is a regular program, not a mod. There is a useful vid for BOSS, here. Set it up to generate the log in .txt format, not html. Read the log and address any messages. In any case, play a bit to test for stability, performance, and compatibility. Make sure to properly place the unrecognized mods as instructed by the mod author, or use TES5Edit or WryeBAsh, or if all else fails, place it with similar mods that are recognized, though that is more trial and error. Also, a number of excellent mods require you use skse. You can find it here. When you extract the files from the zip, you will see a readme that has instructions how to properly install it. There is also another gopher vid to help you set it up, here.

6. If you notice any negative effect of your change (not just crashes, but performance loss, glitches, anything), Stop. Do not attempt to keep playing and definitely do not add any new variables into your system. Investigate the possible causes. If it is a mod and you want to try to remove it, then remove it, but be sure to follow the author's removal instructions exactly. To be safe, go back to the save from just before you added it. (This is easy of you are slowly adding mods, but extremely painful if you add everything at once, play a bunch and have no idea where the problem lies. ) This will also help you avoid with script problems from removed mods that will continue and may get worse.

7. If you get stuck, post a detailed question before you get frustrated. Detailed means t include your BOSS log, noting how you placed unrecognized mods, other supporting programs you have used (like TES5Edit, skse, ANy texture optimizers, enbs, etc.) Also provide your computer specs, any changes to your driver profile and/or skyrim ini files. Finally, provide details about the crash--how long you've had it, what changed before you first noticed it, any patterns like time playing, specific areas or activities like opening a menu or such. Explain what you have already tried to fix the problem and what the results were.

8. Once you get your mods and other changes the way you want them, your game is stable and performing well, then stop. Every time you add or change any variable, you are inviting instability. If a new mod shows up and you think you just have to have it, ask yourself if it is worth having to start all over for--because, you may have to. If the answer is yes, then go ahead and try it and if your game crashes, well, you were willing to take the risk.

Recommendations for maintaining a trouble free game:

1. I personally suggest avoiding the Steam workshop for mods, because it will automatically update and sometimes even remove mods in your list, which can cause your game to die. Also, playing with Steam in offline mode will prevent unexpected updates from causing havoc.

2. Disable auto updates and avoid using quicksave, as these increase the chance of savegame corruption. Also, if your save does become corrupt, you will need to go back to your last working full save, which can be extremely painful if you rarely make them. You can do this by going into your Prefs.ini text file and then making sure the following lines look like this:

[Main]

bSaveOnPause=0
bSaveOnTravel=0
bSaveOnWait=0
bSaveOnRest=0

[saveGame]
fAutosaveEveryXMins=0.0000

For people who want the convenience of auto save with the functionality of a full save, tehre are a few mods you might check out, such as Ishara's Normal Numbered AutoSaves

I have done around 5 clean installs sine i starten modding so I am absolutely sure that I deleted all my old Skyrim files and backed up my saves on another drive. I hope that my problem can be fixed without doing another one, and I think the problem is simple, I Just dont know what it is. Anytime other help?

Written from my smartphone