Fallout 3 GOTY - Mods don't work/Load

Thn444

I've tried installing mods and nothing works and I'm guessing its because I bought Fallout GOTY because when I downloaded archive validation invalidated and I ran it. It could not detect where fallout 3 was, my folder is named "Fallout 3 goty" - an error pops up "Cannot detect fallout 3's folder! Please select fallout 3's folder" I click ok, browse for folder comes up, this is where I went to help it find its way C:This Pc>Local Disk>Program Files(x86)>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Fallout 3 goty, but yet another error message "This is not fallout 3's folder"

I've tried changing the folders name and that doesn't work, I donm't even know why I tried but I'd thought I'll give it a shot.

I don't know if its wrong but when I installed fallout mod manager it installs the mods folder and install info in This Pc>documents>My Games> Fallout3 and I've tried to install archive validation invalidated there yet it still gives me the same message - "This is not fallout 3's folder"

I followed a guild to installing mods on youtube, not sure what I'm doing wrong or if its because I got the wrong product.

Any help?

Thanks.

The problem is that you have the game installed in the "Program Files" directory. Any and all files installed there come under the control of Windows User Access Control (UAC), which prevents any changes to be made to any file in Program Files.

You need to re-download the game and have it installed in a location that is not Program Files. I have my game in C:\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3. Other people have the game installed in C:\Users\"User Name"\My Documents\My Games\.

Since you are using a mod manager you do not need the downloaded Archive Invalidation file since all mod managers include it. The downloaded copy should be uninstalled.