Unofficial SkyRE Script Fixes

steve40

• 4 weeks later...

[10/08/2013 - 04:44:32PM] Error: Unable to call GetTargetActor - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].xxxBowHitStagger.GetTargetActor() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].xxxBowHitStagger.OnHit() - "xxxBowHitStagger.psc" Line 6
[10/08/2013 - 04:44:32PM] Error: Unable to call GetTargetActor - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[10/08/2013 - 04:45:43PM] VM is freezing...
[10/08/2013 - 04:45:43PM] VM is frozen

Newest part of skyrim redone that's causing the game's scripts to lag to hell and back.

I was getting an error on xxxBowHitStagger.psc too, although this was due to it being in a different cell (and unable to cast spell) and none object. Put in a sanity check and checked if it's within the cell.

Use at your own discretion.

put xxxBowHitStagger.pex in data/scripts and xxxBowHitStagger.psc in data/scripts/source found here

I was getting an error on xxxBowHitStagger.psc too, although this was due to it being in a different cell (and unable to cast spell) and none object. Put in a sanity check and checked if it's within the cell.

Use at your own discretion.

put xxxBowHitStagger.pex in data/scripts and xxxBowHitStagger.psc in data/scripts/source found here

GetParentCell does not check that the actor is in the same cell, it checks that the actor is in a loaded cell. As it should not be possible to hit an actor that is not in a loaded area, I still reckon that is caused by script lag. The SkyRE scripts lack a mechanism to stop multiple calls to OnHit from stacking up. If the calls stack up, the actor or cell could unload before the call gets executed, causing the "none object" error.

I've been working on an update for the xxxBowHitStagger script:

Scriptname xxxBowHitStagger extends activemagiceffect  

spell property xxxCombatModificationsStaggerBowSpell auto
ObjectReference targetREF

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
	targetREF = akTarget as ObjectReference
	if targetREF == None
		Dispel()
	endif
EndEvent

AUTO STATE READY
Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)
	GotoState("BUSY")	; prevent event calls from stacking up.

if targetREF != None
		xxxCombatModificationsStaggerBowSpell.cast(targetREF, targetREF)
	else
		Dispel()
	endif

GotoState("READY")
EndEvent
ENDSTATE

STATE BUSY
;	do nothing.
ENDSTATE

I've now included this fix with my other two scripts attached to my first post. Try it and see if it helps or not.

Edited by steve40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...