Trying to make a Radio Mod and it won't show up in-game

I'm using this tutorial (
) to make a rather large radio mod for FO4 - 49 songs, because I'm masochistic and far too ambitious for my first time making a mod to publish- and I tried to make the mod both this way and the way via the written NM tutorial, and I'm still running into exactly the same problem. I've made a smaller radio mod before, and I can't remember how I even got it to work at this point. I get to the end, I've made the quests and the scenes and the conditions and all that jazz, it's saved as an .esp, I try to "create" it into a mod via NMM, and it just... won't work. I've tried making it into a .ba2 archive, and that doesn't work either. I've tried a few different recommended methods to get it to show up in my game, and it shows up as a mod in my load order and in NMM, but the radio station won't show up, even when resetting or fast travelling or waiting or uninstalling other mods or starting a new save. I've tried basically everything I can think of or find online, and the generateSEQ shortcut shown in the video won't work either. I've tried using xEdit to make an SEQ and I can't even figure out how because all the guides to it seem too outdated and I don't have some of the options anymore. I have NO idea what I've done wrong and it's so irritating. Help would be appreciated!!

There are many things that you should check. In first place, if the radio doesn't show up in the pipboy you need to make sure that the basic things are ok, so I'm going to list some:

- A radio transmitter in the world space with its radio frequency configured and set to not use distance checks.

(afaik the radio frequency valid range is about the same than FM from 85.0 to 120.0, radio frequencies out of this range might not work).

- the quest alias pointing to the radio transmitter, and it has a message (to store the title of the radio), and has the options marked for stores text and uses stored text.

- the quest is configured to start somehow, the best way, while you test, is set the quest to start automatically on game start (in the first tab).

- the scene is also configured to start somehow, you can mark the scene to start on quest start (at top).

- in game you must check that your quest is running through the console, GetQuestRunning (or GetQR) should return 1.

Edited by DieFeM

There are many things that you should check. In first place, if the radio doesn't show up in the pipboy you need to make sure that the basic things are ok, so I'm going to list some:

- A radio transmitter in the world space with its radio frequency configured and set to not use distance checks.

(afaik the radio frequency valid range is about the same than FM from 85.0 to 120.0, radio frequencies out of this range might not work).

- the quest alias pointing to the radio transmitter, and it has a message (to store the title of the radio), and has the options marked for stores text and uses stored text.

- the quest is configured to start somehow, the best way, while you test, is set the quest to start automatically on game start (in the first tab).

- the scene is also configured to start somehow, you can mark the scene to start on quest start (at top).

- in game you must check that your quest is running through the console, GetQuestRunning (or GetQR) should return 1.

Thank you for the tips!

I just re-tried all of these things - everything is as it should be. However, I seem to have lost the ability to open my game, as it simply crashes whether I try to open it through NMM or my actual Steam shortcut. So I can't check the GetQR... I might have to try disabling all my mods via NMM and opening vanilla, or only with my created mod. Sigh...

See if kinggath's video tutorial series Bethesda Mod School might help. These might be useful.

Bethesda Mod School: Fundamentals - What is a Plugin?

Bethesda Mod School: CK 106 - Creating BA2 Files

Bethesda Mod School: Releasing Mods 102 - Nexusmods.com

I'll give those a watch within the next day! It's not super late where I live but I'm getting sick of the mod at the moment :ermm:

Okay, for one save file I got it working! I think I had misunderstood the radio station frequencies and typed a number that wouldn't show up. But it is there now! I hope it remains functional enough to publish. Thanks folks!!