Actual Criminals doing crimes, Actual guards doing guardwork.

erikkjanbrehla

I want to be pickpocketed by other thieves. I want to wake up in my house with someone trying to steal my s#*! and then kill them or chase them off. I want to be harassed on the streets of whiterun by a guy who's drunk too much and wants to force a fight. I want to see creeps dragged off by the guards. I wanna see public executions be routine, surrounded by pageantry. I want people to be kidnapped and have to either rescue them, do some negotiations. I want murder mysteries on the regular. Cults being raided. People being put in stocks in the town square and pelted with rotten food. I want to integrate elements of LA noir style stuff into skyrim. Crimes of passion, cold cases. Why hasn;'t anybody tried this before? I understand each of the things I've listed are niche and need special implementation but by god you'd think over 10+ years someone would scratch around a bit at this. Anybody got similar ideas? Am i not looking under the right names on the nexus? I'd love to write or help out in any way if people wanna sync up.

I second this idea, but I don't know of any SFW mods that add such a thing and am too inexperienced in modding to add such a thing. But to add to your idea, I'd like to see some random Jarl's courts where a Jarl decides if a criminal is guilty or not. I'd like to see debt collectors walking around threatening people to pay back their debts. Perhaps some drunken or skooma-ridden NPCs brawling each other. I think there should also be a suspicion mechanic for player crime, which would make NPCs like guards follow you around if you are sneaking or wearing suspicious gear, adds a little extra challenge to crime by forcing the player to be more discreet.

I personally would really like to see a mod tackle a player as guard situation quest. Where you can be recruited into the guard position in a city, and you can either use that power for good by stopping a bunch of radian quest crimes, or you can abuse the power by bullying the citizens and getting away with crimes by being buddies with the guards. It would be fun to be introduced into that quest through guard training and protocol. It doesn't have to be any city, as long as the quests are in-depth enough it would be fine if you could only become a guard in one or two cities.

Some other ideas could be traveling salesmen which sell you things are low prices. However if you buy a potion from them there's a chance it's actually poisonous. And if you buy gear from them there's a chance it's "cursed" or of very low quality. Expanding on scams, i'd like to see some gambling mini games, with the ability for the opponent to cheap occasionally, so you need to keep a sharp eye.