Vampire the Masquerade: London Nights

josh900

Nathan growled, he despised the Setite even more now. His claws extended as he stepped towards her.

"Watch yourself Setite... you might meet the Final Death before your just time." He growled. "And I am not some sewer crawling city runt either." He threatened, he meant every word and the Gangrel on large were known for their quick tempers and sharp claws. Nathaniel turned his back and skulked in the corner, having been ordered to remain there he figured the darkest corner would be the safest.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gavin laughed heartily at Yasmina's plan and Nathan's reaction, as it both shed light into what had happened earlier, and offered a chance at capturing the horrendous killer at large.

"I second that! Hold your tongue boy or you might find your head severed. You owe your life to your Prince, now more than ever, and if he chooses to use you as bait, then you are bait."

He turned to Harper before he spoke again, "I couldn't really help in a search, and I have no plans better than our Setite here, but once we do find this person it would be my pleasure to see their unlife ended."

He stood their for a moment, nodding his head in agreement with what he had just said before putting up his finger in realization, "You know... I would probably make an excellent Executioner! What do you think, Charlie?" He brought down his finger much like an executioner might bring down their axe, the finger ending up pointing directly at the Prince.

Whitelock listened to the Setite's suggestion in silence, her dull eyes peeping from the frames of her glasses, for a moment glinting in the light. She suspected that Yasmina's contribution was a viable option, and a plan that could very well work; but she couldn't help but let the slightest fraction of a smirk grace her lips momentarily as she saw the veiled truth. If the killer felt particularly inclined he could, in theory, murder the Gangrel Primogen before the assault party had got to him, and Whitelock imagined that thought was a sweet one for Miss Sekhman, who no doubt wished Mr Wright removed from the night for his wrongs in her domain. It was an option to consider, but she doubted it would yield any results... but then again.

Mr. Wright had told her his clan was murdered in similar fashion... what if the murderer wished to complete his little episode and wipe the whole group out, the recent series of murders was merely a ruse to draw Nathaniel out?

How delicious.

But Whitelock had no time to think as Harper mentioned the Primogen, and sighed softly. "My cue to leave then..." she thought hopefully. The political backstabbings of the Primogen bored her immensely, and she oh so despised their constant bickering. Looking down at Harper as he slumped into his chair, the Tremere took the initiative to dial the Whip's number. After simply saying the word 'Primogen' into the phone, she placed it back down and sighed.

"The council should arrive soon... I imagine they are all just bursting to take a slice at one and other. Joy." She spoke dryly, taking her previous place near Harper's desk.

-------

Ameline arrived through the doors to Harper's office shortly after the others of the Primogen, fashionably late as always her footsteps clicked loudly as her platform pumps made contact with the polished floor. As soon as the light hit Ameline's hair, it shone brilliantly, the deep red waves cascading over her shoulders, bouncing with each step she took.

Clad in all black, the Toreador seductress had chosen a revealing gown from a recent runway show, the tulle dress featured a plunging neckline, boned bodice embellished heavily with silk and swarovski elements, arranged like flowers. The sheer skirt was slit fully on the right, and featured an insert of criss-crossing rabbit fur and further elements, it dragged along behind her delicately, her fishnet clad leg peaking out from the slit.

Flicking her hair to the right with a soft sigh, diamond earrings furiously shaking, one leather gloved hand reached around the back of her neck to adjust the clasp of the diamond bib she wore.

"Well isn't this lovely... we are all here... together again." There was no small injection of sarcasm in her rapturous tone.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Kaye chuckled, eyes half closing some as she tilted her head to the side slightly, a silly grin on her face, "Aw jack-ey boy, not happy to see me?" she stayed like that for a second before blinking, suddenly shaking her head, smacking her palm against the side of her head a moment as she turned about and took a few steps away from him, her back to him, "Gah! Focus kaye!" she said in a mildly frustrated tone, moving her hand to run it through her hair, exhailing a bit, her other hand shifting to rest on her hip."Okay a*****e this is how its going down." She spins round to look to him, eyes narrowed, voice filled with aggitation and spite. "I'm here to stay you got it!? you got an issue with it i'll slice your F*****g head off" She said, promptly folding her arms. Her expression softening after a bit to a more neutral tone, glancing to the side some, "Kind of, got myself under control and, well. wanted to give things another try."

"As long as i don't really have to tolerate that other b**** you got hanging around"

--

"Gnnnahhh! tha' is annoyin" A woman at a late night, somewhat musty second-rate bar rubbed her ear quickly with her one hand, her other clasped around a beer, her sudden movement gathering an odd glance here and there. "The hell ya lookin' at!?" She snapped, looking over to said paitrons who simply shook their heads some, going back to their booze.

"Ye i though' so" She leant back in to her seat, said woman having chose a spot in the corner of the bar, empty bottles of booze littering her table. As she shifted back she lifted her heavy booted feet to rest atop the table. She took a swig of her drink, trying to ignore the ringing in her one ear, wondering who, if anyone was talking about her.

Graham gave a sigh, contemplating this new development. Well, this is bloody wonderful. He liked Ivy, which surprised him slightly, but she obviously didn't know how to hide herself very well, which would cause some difficulties in getting back home. The Malkavian wouldn't be much of a problem though. But he also couldn't take them to the Catacombs; while there were a number of hiding places there, it became difficult to hide multiple people there. At least I have a fall-back, then, he thought, then spoke aloud. "Okay, then. There isn't much good I'd be able to do for the two of you in my personal home, but I think I have something that'll do just the trick. Follow me, then, and closely, please."

The Nosferatu began to lead the way through the alleys, following a route that had no security cameras covering it. Eventually, he came to a place that was partially hidden in a back alley. All the windows were dark-tinted and there was a dim sign on the front door that read "G. Alwood, Private Investigator." Underneath there was a faded "Sorry, We're Closed" sign. "Here we are," Graham said with a whimsical rumble. "My little slice of mortal life and an excellent source of business."

He pulled out a key from his jacket and opened the door. Despite the run-down appearance of the exterior, the inside of Graham's place of business was the complete opposite. Clean tiled floors, pale green-colored walls, and a old-style mahogany desk with a few scattered notes could be seen from the entrance, with a hallway extending a good twenty feet back.

"We'll be staying here for the time being. There are rooms in the back with beds, and if anyone is hungry," he paused as he sorted through the small pile of mail that had accumulated in his mailbox, "there is food in the fridge back there as well. Need anything else, just let me know."

Edited by GrueMaster

Harper let out a sigh as Nathan threatened Yasmina. "Mister Wright, a lesson for you, here in civilization, we don't threaten other people with violence, those that break that rule, are met with violence. You don't want that, so play nice, or I will use you as bait. But for now, lets just wait and see what the other primogens suggest, if our dear friend mister Wright doesn't anger them to the point of regicide first." He said giving Nathan a warning look.

Soon the other Primogen entered the room from the same door, but walked through it at different locations. The Tremere, Nosferatu, and Ventrue primogens came in that order. each showing varying degrees of respect to Harper, the nosferatu showing the least amount, instead focusing on Nathan. "And who the hell is this mutt? You dragging them off the streets now Harper?" The scratchy voiced abomination asked, his appearance being the definition of hideous.

"Ah! Allow me to introduce Nathaniel Wright, the newest Gangrel Primogen." Harper said, not even glancing at the Nosferatu known as Slink.

"Never heard of him. Lets hope you last longer than the last one pup, if not, well maybe Princey will learn to stop pulling you guys off the street and actually put some effort into finding a decent Primogen for the mutts, someone to whip em into shape." Slink growled angrily, recent Gangrel activity leaving him with a taste much fouler than normal in his mouth.

"Well I'm hoping that mister Wright knows how to listen and learn, I've run out of candidates that'll accept the position, might have to put aside the racist b****** in me and get a foreigner to take the position." He said before chuckling awkwardly.

When Ameline finally arrived it was Slink who greeted her. "Weeell the beauty queen has finally arrived, what's the matter? Needed to put in the extra effort to compete with me?" He said with a smile, showing off his sharp row of decayed teeth. "I know, it's hard to look good with me around." He laughed.

"Slink if you're done harassing everyone can we please get to the subject at hand?" Harper said in a frustrated tone. "I've brought you all here today for two reason, one is to introduce you all to the newest Primogen, Nathaniel Wright. Secondly and most importantly, to discuss the recent string of murders. We believe we have evidence that points them to the work of a Sabbat agent. The question.. is how do we deal with it?" He asked his advisers, hoping that someone would have a realistic idea on how to stop the murders.

-------------

Edison looked around Graham's place and nodded. "Looks like someone's making a decent living. Not a fan of you dealing with the humans, but I guess if you haven't been found out so far, you got a secretary or something that deals with the court appearances and all that?" He asked, curious to see how Graham has managed to keep his condition a secret.

--------------

"AHAH!" Jack let out a mock laugh. "Yeah you're under control alright. What happened? You got a third one in there now that acts like a referee or something? Cause the whole threatening to slice my head off thing? I'd rather not go through that again thank you, I like my body parts where they are you know." Not wanting to upset any of the Kayes too much he decided to tone down the anger. "Look, I'm happy that you're here, glad you're not trying to kill me at the moment, that's great. But the past couple years now, you've been doing your best to kill me so you'll have to excuse my hesitation. But... if you can keep yourself under control, and don't cause any trouble.. then I guess.. you can stay." A troubling thought suddenly entered his head as soon as he said that however. "Wait..... Have you killed anyone since you've been in the city?"

Yasmina sighed heavily, seeing no reason to leave, now. It was obvious that very important business was at hand...more important, even, than her own, and that was saying something. She remained silent, interested in what the others would suggest. Something told her that none of the options would be satisfactory. There was too little to go on.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Tom, with the help of Joe, had made himself as much at home as he could in Yasmina's apartment. He was examining the various odds and ends she had stacked and piled on her desk and bookshelves.

"She certainly has a lot of...." he trailed, not quite believing what he was saying, "artifacts around here. That is what they are, aren't they? She lied earlier about her necklace...she really is from Egypt...and all of this is...hers."

"You would be correct, sir," Joe replied, hands behind his back, "And now you know why she is such a valuable asset to your museum. More than the master curator realizes."

"But..." Tom shook his head, "how did she do it? Get into the museum, I mean. How do you fit in all this?"

Joe smiled a weak smile and nodded at a chair, "Sit down, lad. It's a long story."

Nathaniel remained silent as the room filled with the various Primogens of the clans of London. Even when the grotesque Nosferatu was harassing him he remains silent. He knew shedding blood would only end up with his head on a spike no matter how much he desired to tear into them with his claws, in his world a leader was defined by being able to survive and now he knew the way to survive was to remain quiet and listen. As he calmed himself he thought more on the connection between the murder of his pack and the recent ones in London, the striking similarity was driving him crazy.

"Perhaps we should use me as bait and if the culprit is the same one that killed my pack he would either want to finish what he started or find me a perfect target." Nathaniel knew what he was saying was virtual suicide but he felt like it was the best thing he could offer at that time.

"This person likes the up close and personal, we could set a trap for him. A freshly made Gangrel Primogen would be irresistible. If he is a hunter or an agent, either way it would make a fine target." He said calmly, "Speaking as a hunter that is." He added before standing from the wall and taking a more neutral stance.

Edited by Macman253