Vampire the Masquerade: London Nights

josh900

Nathaniel's phone rang as he turned the corner from the alley, rain began to pour around him and he drew up his hood as he walked down the abandoned street. He quickly answered it and placed it to his pointed ear and spoke.

"Yeah?" He asked,

A voice crackled but eventually became clear.

"Nathan, hey how are you mate? Look I am passing this on... Some Nosferatu was seen blowing up an alley on the southside." Said Johnny, Johnny was a small time Gangrel with a growing pack. He mostly kept towards the docks.

"Was this alley by the Teriyaki joint?" Nathan asked, "Yeah... said they caught the guy on camera, Prince is freaking." He replied.

Nathaniel hung up the cell phone and turned on his heel to run up the stairs, he felt the well of fear within his stomach growing when he realized that he didn't dispose of the drained body, the other two were fine but one with a gaping hole in it's neck looks suspicious. He had to get back to the alley.

Edited by Macman253

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yasmina watched Tom with interest as he ate, only eating enough herself to prevent him from noticing that anything was amiss. He seemed to enjoy the meal quite a bit; unfortunately, though she loved sampling foods, it did nothing for her nutrition-wise.

At last, they finished their meal, and as Joe was taking away the dishes, Yasmina whispered in his ear, "You can bring it, now."

He departed with another slight nod, and she grinned at Tom, "There's a fine dessert wine I've been wanting you to try. I know you're something of a connoisseur, so I saved some for the occasion. Perhaps you will find it to your taste."

The security guard smiled back, "Well...thank you. And if your taste for wine is anything like your taste for food, I'm sure I'll love it."

A moment later, Joe returned with two glasses, both half-full of a rich red liquid. Unfortunately for poor Tom, one of the glasses held not wine, but Yasmina's vitae. The other was blood for Yasmina herself. The vampiress had heard of the recent string of Kindred killings, and thus, she had decided to increase her number of loyal minions. Joe was powerful, but he was still the age he was when he had found her so long ago - well over his prime. The Setite needed a more youthful protector to join her side.

Joe set the appropriate glasses before them and stood nearby, his white-gloved hands crossed atop his silver tray. He watched both of them with deep brown eyes, a flash of pity seeming to cross his face as he glanced at Tom.

The guest picked up his glass and swirled the liquid around, "My, that is red...I don't think I've seen a wine that particular color before. Does it have pomegranate juice added?"

He said this as he clinked glasses with Yasmina, who simply smiled again and watched him over the rim with glittering eyes. He decided to drink first, and he did not hesitate in taking a long drink of the liquid....

...so long that he polished off the glass in one gulp.

Tom shook his head, his brow furrowing at the now-empty glass, "Wow...I mean...wow...did that just happen? I..." He lifted his gaze and met Yasmina's eyes, which were, to him, now even more beautiful than before.

"And did I mention you look....positively...stunning..." his wide gaze was locked on her.

Yasmina stood and took her glass with her as she sauntered towards her office, "I believe you mentioned it, yes." The door locked behind her with a definitive click.

Tom sat back and looked up at Joe, "Wait...what was that about? Did I-?"

Joe chuckled and shook his head, "No. You didn't do anything. But she most certainly did. You're a Ghoul now, son. You're the servant of a vampire, just as I am and have been since 1985...ever since I uncovered her tomb in Egypt. She's an expert on it for a reason...and she's also an expert deceiver, as you've just found out."

Tom blinked, "Say what?"

The old man gestured at the glass, "That wasn't wine, boy. That was vitae...Yasmina's blood. Or should I say, Sekhamun, as that is her proper name. And her glass was filled with a vampire's favorite meal."

Tom laughed, "Oh come on, you're joking...right? This...this is some huge Halloween nightmare, right? I..."

He trailed and stared at the office door, "But...I...I can't leave here. My mind is telling me to leave but I...can't..."

"It's the vitae, son. And the sooner you learn to obey it, the better. You'll need a regular supply of it to live, which means staying near her at all times. But that's what you wanted, isn't it?" Joe asked, a brow raised.

"I...yes! I don't want to leave her...ever..."

"Good. That makes this a whole lot easier on me," Joe replied, "And by the way...no one else is to know about her vampirism. It would cause her great harm, and you don't want that, do you?"

"No!" Tom scrambled to his feet, his misty eyes wide, "I will do whatever it takes to protect her!"

To this, Joe nodded and gave a small smile, "Then you'll stay in her good graces...which is always the best place to be."

-------------------------------------------------------

Yasmina had heard the conversation through the door and was pleased at how well this had gone. She prayed that Set would be pleased as well.

As she took a long sip from her glass and licked her lips, the phone rang loudly. Sighing, she set the glass down on her desk with a clink and answered.

"Hello?"

".... Did you see what she was wearing? That skirt! Ugh, when your legs are that fat they need to be hidden! Such a way to put one off the art, having to watch those flabby rolls wobble about while she explained each piece. That one isn't for the turning let me tell you." Came the disgusted voice of Ameline, leaning back lazily into her seat, the golden-frame chair a deep crimson, sat in an opera box of purple.

"I know! I could have sworn those tights would rip, she even dared to wear them with a seam! Her! A fat cow like that can't wear tights made for those with the legs of the elite!" Agreed another bitchy voice, Ameline's favoured Ghoul, Sasha, a blonde-bobbed girl who could have been a model.

"Tell me about it." Ameline replied with a roll of her eyes, flicking the ash from her cigarette into the hair of the Gangrel that sat like an animal at her feet. The Primogen leant forwards ever so slightly to tilt her head at the ongoing performance on stage, but paid it little heed. Her nights were becoming more drab by the moment. All the interesting people had gone.

Dressed in a deep royal blue, the satin dress featured a plunging neckline of some extremity, cutting a fine line between the Russian's ample cleavage. Some suspected surgery, others the intervention of a fleshcrafter, but Ameline passed off her 32 D's as 'A natural gift'. The dress extended to floor level, cut with a lengthy slit that revealed her right leg up to her thighs. The skin tight number was paired with laced stockings and a pair of Sergio Rossi 6' heels. Her hair was pulled into an elegant updo, makeup the same as always.

"Can the dancers not do anything other that pick eachother up? All I've seen this performance is pick up, pick up, pick up!"

"But Ameline.... this is your favourite, it's Swan Lake, you..."

With a slap Ameline silenced her ghoul. "And what if I've grown bored hmm? Are you going to fix that by finding something better for next time or do I have to watch this until my eyes fall out?!"

"I... I'm sorry! Do you hate me? I'm so sorry! Please! Please don't hate me! I... I love you mistress, please!" Sasha was near in tears, her sobbing however was lost to everyone else attending the theatre, amidst the music of the orchestra.

"Shh... Of course I still love you... but I need better next time, Okay?"

"*Sniff* Okay... I will."

"Good girl... now, I am leaving, I need to get away from this mess." Ameline replied, rising to her feet, as Sasha was about to follow suit she pushed the ghoul back into her seat.

"No no, you need to stay here to keep up appearances."

Outside the Primogen was well on her way to the car, when a huge explosion cracked the air, it's vibrations felt even from the theatre. Turning her head to the billowing smoke that began filling the sky, she could not help but shake the feeling something unwanted was going to transpire.... The murder of the Nosferatu woman and all those that had followed was but the first of many a chain of gruesome events it seemed. Nevertheless the Primogens concern was her safety, not that of anyone else. With a sigh she entered the back seat of her vehicle, ready to return home. The Prince had remained silent on the subject of these grim events up until now- She wondered if he would call a meeting any time soon?

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

"Miss Yasmina! how are you this evening?" the Prince asked her over the phone. "Actually never mind that, There's been a spot of trouble in your neck of the woods that I though you should know about, A Kindred attacked a human, bled him dry and just left the body there for others to find. the Nosferatu sent an agent to dispose of the evidence, Was so big of a mess that he had to blow the whole damn alleyway up. Poor Edison's none too happy about that, The Nos got there before Edison's hound could pick himself up out of bed, lazy mutt, So just thought I'd let you know in case you thought it was an attack or something. Might just have someone hunting a bit too deep in your territory."

Edison then opened the door at the sound of the knock to see Ivy standing there. "Shh, Harper's on a business call." He said to the little girl, allowing her inside.

-----------------

Starring at the blaze between the Asian restaurant and cathedral, Jack let out a low growl. "Craaaaap. Was that REALLY necessary? Gonna be a pain in the ass when they find the bodies"

Ivy stepped into the room and listened for a few moments, gathering bits and pieces here and there about what was going on. She didn't quite understand why someone had drained a body dry; it was easy for her to control herself and not take too much blood. Maybe the vampire was very hungry.

She played with her lion for a few moments before listening to the conversation again, wondering who Harper was talking to.

Graham was flipping his phone around with one hand as he walked, debating what to do. Or, to be more precise, who to call... He told the network to inform the Prince or one of his subordinates he had information for them, but the situation might not wait for tomorrow night.

Dialing the Sheriff's number, Graham collected his thoughts for a moment, then began speaking when the call was answered. "Edison? This is the Nosferatu sent to clean up that mess which you should have received word of by now." He paused for a moment, looking at the random scenery as he strode down the sidewalk, then continued.

"Listen, I had to burn that place to get rid of the evidence. Too many cameras around and it would have taken too long for a more subtle clean-up crew to deal with it. Everything has been wiped and cleaned; no witnesses. However, before torching everything, I managed to gather some evidence I believe you will want. I'll be at the Camden Markets Catacombs. If you or an agent of yours could meet me there at..." Graham checked his watch quickly, noting that it was about a quarter after 10. "midnight tonight, I can hand everything over and give a full report as well."

Edited by GrueMaster

Nathaniel landed on the roof near the alley with a soft thud and a roll. He was panting hard and sweating from the fast run across thirty rooftops he just made in less then ten minutes, the area stank of burned flesh and embers. The trash in the alley had practically been vaporized but the corpses remained, burnt beyond recognition.

He knew the mortal police were stalling which probably meant the Prince's men would be present soon. The scent of the Nosferatu that cleaned up his mess was strong, Nathaniel growled and kicked metal air duct hard enough to cave half of it in.

"I am such a fool!" He said angrily. He knew he was in hot water now, curse his humanity. Despite how much he hated it he never could get rid of it.

The Vampire made his way up to the top of the brick shops chimney pipe and sat down, he figured it would be best to wait and see what unfolds.

Edited by Macman253

Yasmina rolled her eyes, "Thank you for informing me, my Prince...I did not know about this event. I shall investigate as soon as possible."

Hanging up the phone, she drained the rest of her glass and shook her head. Not enough...

She dabbed at her lips with a kerchief and reapplied her lipstick before grabbing a long black coat and donning it over her blue evening dress. Leaving her office, she gestured for Tom to accompany her, "Come. We have business tonight."

The security guard practically jumped up to follow her, "Of course...anything you want!"

Glancing over her shoulder at Joe, the vampiress added, "Take care of the place, all right?"

The old man inclined his head, "As always."

--------------------------------------------------------------

It did not take long for the two to find the mess. Smoke still billowed from the alley, though the charred corpses were now visible. As they peered around the corner of the cathedral, they seemed like a couple who had gotten a little too curious on their way to a fancy restaurant or theatre.

Yasmina was surprised that the mortal police had yet to arrive...but they would be around soon. This was likely the only opportunity to find out who it was who had been hunting in her territory...

Her lips curled as she caught the scent of Gangrel...the clan that always smelled like filth. It was very strong, so it was likely there was more than one around here.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

The Black Bus rolled up to the alley rather silently, being outfitted with brakes of the highest quality that were frequently changed. Due to the fact that this was an American school bus in the streets of London, Frank exited the bus into the middle of the street before making his way down the alleyway with a wide toothy grin on his face.

Since the explosion had rocked the night he had been experiencing what he assumed could only be direct orders from Malkav himself, though in reality his twisted mind could have easily come up with the idea himself. Flashes of auditory and visual stimuli rushed into his brain, giving him a pretty 'clear' idea of what needed to be done.

The alleyway was already occupied by two individuals, who he determined to be an ancient Follower of Set and her ghoul using his mundane aura perception. They seemed to be viewing the scene, and Frank by no means wanted to interrupt so he decided to merely walk right past the two before beginning to poke at the charred corpses. The manner in which he examined the bodies had no visible purpose, but nonetheless he found the one he was searching for, picking up one of the corpses to take back to his bus. Slinging the fragile, well-burnt body over his shoulder was definitely not an excellent idea, as one of the legs fell off, forcing Frank to pick it back up before he could leave.

Ameline sighed with relief as they arrived safely back at Barenchekov Theatre, as it was officially known. The ancient building stood like numerous others in London's West End, tall, broad and imposing, yet a mark of joy and entertainment. The exterior of the building had seen better days for certain, the polluted London air and acidic rain had eroded the glory of the limestone, cracks and other structural weaknesses further detracted from it's glory. However, upon obtaining the Theatre, Ameline had made considerable renovations.

Transformed from a simple theatre, into a den of social gathering, a Nightclub, and the home of Toreador's primogen, it was a marvel. Inside the auditorium, only the shape of an opera house remained, for it was now a luxuriously decadent club. The stage remained where it was, and was often used for live band performances should such an event occur, but where the ground-level seating had once been, a huge dancefloor lay instead. Around this colossal floor, where various seating areas and booths beneath the balconies, a bar in near every corner.

Above the ground level where the V.I.P rooms, where the aristocracy once sat in their ascendant booths, the rich sat drinking the finest of beverages, entertained by whomever they pleased, the upper levels were divided into three sections; In the centre, the bar and a small dancefloor, lined against the walls were various seating arrangements, and through a door on the far left and right sides respectively, the private opera boxes for those who were either incredibly wealthy, incredibly famous, or both. This structure carried on for three levels, each V.I.P level seemingly increasing in the importance of it's members, and the quality of it's seats. While the caste system had not existed in Britain for many years, it was perhaps the Russian influence of Ameline that brought about such a hierarchical way of organizing her club, the least wealthy on the ground, the most wealthy on top, which was how her life had been arranged in her mortal years.

Above the stage, and extending three stories above the roof of the main building (however integrated in a way that suggested it had always been there) was Ameline's mansion complex. Almost like a square, flat roofed home just perching atop the theatre, it was built of limestone and accented with gold. The interior of this remarkably vast complex was of ornate design, black and red marble made up the interior colour scheme respectively, each corridor had a floor of red, and walls of black. Best perhaps described as Naryshkin Baroque, the furniture was gold framed and cushioned with dark velvets, it was what one would expect from a dark monarch, old fashioned but brilliantly alluring.

The one thing it did not have in excess however (yet) was paintings. No Toreador's home was complete without original pieces of art from carefully manipulated new artists. It was something Ameline was working on however.

As she entered the complex, Ameline gave another sigh, feeling safe once more inside her walls. She needed more information on these murders. It was bad enough one Vampire bested, but six? seven? Whatever, or whomever was killing off Kindred was certainly determined to make it messy.

Deciding that she did not want to be left in the dark on this any longer, she made a call to Sasha, asking her to investigate the scene of this explosion.

----

Arriving by chauffeured Mercedes, Sasha and Ameline's pet Gangrel arrived in time to see one of the bodies dragged away by a man in a schoolbus, and to notice a finely-clad woman and her assistant observing the charred crime scene, unsure as to exactly who this woman was, Sasha tried to get a closer look without disturbing the tan beauty, although she could not help but nod agreeably to her chosen footwear.