Is there a way to make specific bodypart models non-replacable?

Alonguy

Why so complicated? The solution is simple.

• Create ONE New Armor Addon Property (ideally, by duplicating one of the existing boot armor addons, for example IronBootsAA)
  • In edit mode, deselect all of the Additional Races, except your custom race
  • Replace the biped model selection for male and female with your hooves meshes.
  • Drag/Drop the new ArmorAddonOn into each vanilla boot item.

Whenever your character equips a pair of boots, it won't equip the boots and instead re-equip your hooves.

There is no overwriting or changing of existing ArmorAddon data. All you are doing is adding an additional provision for your custom race, that will ONLY affect your custom race.

This will not create any conflicts with other mods, but should be a lower priority in the load order.

EDIT: This solution works on the assumption that your hooves mesh is not attached to the body mesh, in much the same manner as the regular male/female foot mesh.

Ah, that's genius!

So the 2nd armor addon in the armor overrides the first one, but only for my race. That's awesome. ^_^

I don't mind modded boots or gauntlets so much - there aren't as many of them out there as there are modded body/any other slot pieces, which is the part I really care about.

Now, I just gotta do this to ALL the vanilla boots, and I should be good, right?

Thank you FavoredSoul... wait, aren't you the person that made that popular male body mod?

Great work on that, by the way. Your modeling talents far surpass mine. XD

I'm so glad everyone helped me with this. Now I just gotta work on her once-a-day race power... I'm thinking she grows wings temporarily that let her move faster/jump higher/have a super magicka regen or something...

Oh, and for anyone that's curious about my mod -

http://i.imgur.com/Yxvw17n.jpg

Eeyup.

Also, she's wearing Blades Boots and you can't even tell. ^_^

Now I just need to find a way to make her exclusively female... can that be done via a "force gender to female" script?

You're welcome.

Yes, you need to drop the new AA onto each vanilla boot item.

You don't necessarily need to find a way to force femininity. It would be easier to just remove all references to any male meshes, so that when a user selects the male option, nothing will appear.

PS: No I did not make the Better Males Favoredsoul's meshes, even though my name is plastered all over it. Once upon a time I gave chris some help getting a mesh to work, and then he decided to name it after me in gratitude. He went on to make many modifications, and because it was named after me, people think it was me who made it.

Edited by FavoredSoul

Ah, I see. Well, can you tell Chris that I said he's a damn good modeler?
And I actually already set it up to where she looks female as a male, but that's not good because it means any article of clothing will make her look male when she wears it.
So I guess it's better to just leave the male side blank.

I'm still kinda new at Skyrim/Bethesda's games in general, but I've had experience with a few other game engines and even coded my own once. (Well, more like 8 different incarnations over the process of 3 years)