Redcliffe dillema mod

Stronglav

So the this is the idea of a mod of truly difficuly moral choice in the game.

SPOILERS!!!!

When we arrive at the castle and discover the situation there we have a choice.

1:Do the ritual

2:Kill the kid

3:Run to the mages for help

Where mages option is the best.

But what if there was no time?

for example if the Warden leaves Redcliffe castle to call mages ot help demon returns and kills everybody?

My meaning is there is only two options for the player:

1:Do the ritual with Jowan

2:Kill the kid.

There is no best option.There is only lesser evil to resolve the situation.

There's no "running clock". You can take as long as you want between learning about needing to do the ritual and completing "The Broken Circle" main plot quest. I've even saved doing that until after completing both the Elven and Dwarven missions. :wink:

Or are you asking for someone to make a mod that ADDS a running clock? :unsure:

(Not clear from your post.)

There's no "running clock". You can take as long as you want between learning about needing to do the ritual and completing "The Broken Circle" main plot quest. I've even saved doing that until after completing both the Elven and Dwarven missions. :wink:

Or are you asking for someone to make a mod that ADDS a running clock? :unsure:

(Not clear from your post.)

Yes.If you leave Redcliffe before the attack when you return they all dead.Same for this would be great.

Oh, now I see what you're looking for. Interesting idea, not sure how easily it could be done.

The "All dead if you don't do the ritual when you first learn about it" (which means either Jowan or a mage currently in the party does it) would be the simplest. An in-game countdown timer to complete "The Broken Circle and return or everyone in the castle dies" would be much harder.

But definitely worth asking for. :thumbsup:

The game should not let the warden leave Redcliffe before attack. And, after rescuing Teagan, Jowan says he will help Teagan to prevent the demon in the kid make more damage until the ritual, so it's fine for the warden to seek help from the tower, but yes, there should be time limited, or at least the game should limit the destination of Warden can go only to The Tower and then back to Redcliffe castle.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no dilemma if you sided with the Templars.....

Jowan has to die (just like every Blood Mage you encounter in the game), and in turn the kid has to die.

It's not even a choice by the time you reach the kid - it's just what has to be done.