How does the game differentiate between different "Characters"?

anjenthedog

Start game > Load > Character Selection???

I know it happens when you start a new game, but what specifically determines if a character has its own load separator?

For instance, suppose I shifted a play vector (ie, some player I'm using) in another direction than I had, and wanted to "isolate" that as a "character selection", while retaining the original vector as its own "character selection". Is there a way to accomplish it?

At the point where you want to diverge "vectors", make an initial save for the original vector. Then open up the race menu via the console's showracemenu and make a small change followed by saving the game. This triggers the game into thinking that it is a different character and sets up a new set of saves to select from.

Whether or not this is a bug, I do not know. But for your purpose you can certainly exploit it.

At the point where you want to diverge "vectors", make an initial save for the original vector. Then open up the race menu via the console's showracemenu and make a small change followed by saving the game. This triggers the game into thinking that it is a different character and sets up a new set of saves to select from.

Whether or not this is a bug, I do not know. But for your purpose you can certainly exploit it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...