[Mod Request/help] ds1/bloodborne mid-roll animation

TheWideMurloc

I've noticed a couple different mods on the ds3 nexus page for bloodborne animations in DS3, such as different roll animations so the player does the bloodborne dash or the broccoli dash, or whatever. However, There's one thing I don't see and that's the bloodborne roll animation.

Now, yeah, theres less reason to make that mod since you're just changing a roll into a different roll, but there's something about the "ds1 fast roll" animation that ds3 uses for every roll weight except the fat roll that really bothers me. It looks, somehow...cartooney? like the player hangs in the air longer than they should and comically rolls snappily back to their feet.

Ideally, I'd like the ds1 mid roll animation to return, since that one felt properly weighty in how it was animated (say what you will about how it performed, the animation was solid), but considering bloodborne's animations seem frequently modded into ds3, it makes me think there's already some kind of base for making bloodborne animations easier to import, and the bloodborne roll is a noticeable improvement over ds3's.

Alternatively, if someone can point me in the right direction for how to make this myself, I have no idea where to start for modding animations in dark souls.

Edited by mauskal