Fallout Wanderer's Edition Weapon damage, balance issue? HELP ASAP

kmang123

Hello, i have been playing fallout for a while, and i decided to start a new playthrough, with FWE, (Fallout 3). I can't even do the first real quest for GNR, The supermutants are unfairly overpowered, wether they are in-properly leveled or just carry OP weapons. Damage values seem to be off aswell, can anyone help me with making my weapons stronger? or nerfing the supermutants? If anyone can help me with this issue i would appreciate it very much. Thanks (I am level 8 on this profile by the way)

Edited by kmang123

Difficulty levels can be adjusted in the FWE menu. WIth the GNR quest, lay back and let Lyon's Pride take most of the damage. You don't really need to do anything until later in the quest. Or just do something else to increase your level. Or get into the fight with a lot of stimpacks hot keyed for quick use.

FWE is definitely a new experience. At times it seems almost nightmarish, with you enemies sending a world of hurt your way while your weapons barely make a scratch. M48A5 had a good suggestion about adjusting the difficulty level, but I would offer some other advice. I assume by "First Quest" You're referring to "Following in his Footsteps," and not one of the side quests like "Big Trouble in Big Town."

Two bits of advice here. First, take some time to explore and run some of the side quests before you go running off into the DC ruins. FWE makes them as dangerous as the multiple warnings you're going to receive about them, and you need some experience behind you before they're really a valid option. Secondly, if you expect to rush a group of enemies, guns blazing, and come out on top, FWE will put a world of hurt on you.

Failing that, explore the settings in the FWE setup menu (accessed through your Pip Boytm .) In particular, the global damage setting can be a real killer, but there are many settings in there that can have unexpected, and unpleasant, surprises attached to them.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

The weapons are all over the place in terms of balance and the mod needs to be cleaned up. There are multiple instances of the same weapon all with different stats (using no other weapon inclusion mods). So check the damage levels of the weapon(s) you are using vs those you have in storage to make sure you are using the 'best' one (e.g. I have found at least three different Assault Rifles each with their own stats). Aside from that, the global damage modifier is set far too high by default. It results in you being killed in one to two shots, while everything else takes many more (unless you get a sneak critical - and then it is just as unfair to them). Never get into a fair fight with FWE unless you are in power armor.

Basically, they stuffed so many other people's mods into this that balancing it was a massive job that they did not finish (yet?), so there are a lot of rough areas you either have to work around, or start over without FWE. I am 24+ hours in, so starting over is not an option.