Make A Lesser Powers grant XP?

LiLKing

Im making a mod with spells that ive made into lesser powers that cost magicka and work with perks. The only real difference between these lesser powers and spells is the equip slot. Unfortunatly even if they cost magicka the spells/lesser powers still wont grant skill xp. I was wondering if anyone out there would know of a way to fix this so it does. I would really apreceate any help on this as its really put a damper on what i consider to be a great idea.

Lesser power, greater power and shouts by default will never yield exp no matter what you do. The only solution is to attach a script to the magic effect the lesser power uses, the script would advance caster skill exp whenever the magic effect successfully applies. Of course, the drawback is that the exp gain is static and can not be modified by standing stone (unless you script them to do so)

well thanks for the answer. i highly doubt scripting like that is easily learned so I'm kinda sad now lol. but thank you very much sir for the helpful and quick reply. this is the only topic Ive ever received a reply on lol.

Scripting is not easily learned but scripting for your specific purpose is actually pretty simple. I feel it's a little bit unfortunate that you give up now because it could be a good start but it's your choice. Don't hesitate to ask if you change your mind.