problem with shrouded armor

Corrtel

Hi!

I have an annoying problem with the female shrouded armor. I have no idea which one of my mods is doing this but it changed the female armor from the vanilla one. It has now a lot of cleavage and a horrible miniskirt. I never installed anything like that on purpose. Anybody knows how to convert it back to the original one? which files should I delete/substitute? if you need more info i'll gladly share them here.

Thank you.

Looks like the shrouded armor from HGEC More Revealing Standard Armor. In any case (meaning whether that's what armor it is or not) you can revert to the vanilla armor by simply removing the file 'darkbrotherhood.nif' from the folder Data\meshes\armor\darkbrotherhood\f (or temporarily rename it to darkbrotherhoodnif.old so you can revert back).

thank you, I'll try deleting the file! Actually I've checked the mod you linked and...none of the other armors is modified, and I'm sure I've never installed that. Plus I use Roberts bodies not hgec. It's so weird, but thank you for your suggestion of deleting the file!

It could have been added along with some other dark brotherhood related mod. When the game doesn't find any file named 'darkbrotherhood.nif' in that folder it will use the vanilla version found in Oblivion-Meshes.bsa in your Data folder.

I just deleted the nif and it worked. I did not install any dark brotherhood mods either but I did install a mod that converts clothes to better fit roberts female body. It is possible that the creator thought a more "feminine" db armor could look better. Actually deleting that file was the best solution because all the other clothes are just perfect and I didn't really want to uninstall the whole mod just for that! thank you again!!

No problem. In this case you'll be alright, but often when mixing bodies from one mod (in your case Roberts female) and vanilla clothes/armor you'll see weird texture issues on exposed skin areas. The vanilla DB armor doesn't leave much skin exposed so I doubt you'll notice anything in this instance. Just something to keep in mind if you find occasion to mix a modded body and vanilla outfit that shows more skin.