Immersive Equipment Displays

• Please log in to reply
1846 replies to this topic

bigseastar

bigseastar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I've added a condition on bows and crossbows to be invisible when they are not equipped, but it doesn't seem to work and they both show up and clip when either is equipped. I've read some advices on changing the nodes, but the instructions aren't very clear. Some detailed explanation would be appreciated.

danriu

danriu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Feature Idea, I think this mod needs a way to hide the equipment in certain moments, it kills the immersion when using other mods that undress the PC, like go to bed and bathing in Skyrim, etc., the PC would undress but the equipment is still showing and you need to manually go and remove favorites to not have weapons and stuff all over you while bathing xD.

I suggest adding a hotkey to hide the items, and showing them back by pressing it again, or add a taggable option on the config file to be able to hide the items if the body armor portion is removed. 

Just some ideas I think would make this mod much better.

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
In response to post #106496868.

Spoiler

Both these features are there, they have been since the initial release. Toggle keys can be configured in tools->settings and presets are included which automatically hide equipment when no piece of armor/clothing is equipped. 

Clemdiddly

Clemdiddly

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
In response to post #105867483. #105870668, #105905928, #106330563 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Thanks VonicVS, the hero I didn't know I needed.

WildSlayer

WildSlayer

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello, I've been having this problem since the very first time I installed IED, but I wanted to see if I could fix it on my own. Since I can't I'll ask here: Why does everyone have their weapons equipped, even children and bartenders and civilians that are wearing no armor? Does it have to do with XPMSSE styles? How can I make them have no weapons displayed when wearing no armor (aka children, civillians, etc)?

Edited by WildSlayer, 05 March 2022 - 10:50 PM.

Gonkish

Gonkish

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Been having a specific problem with IED of late, and I'm not sure what's caused it: I can't get the settings to save permanently for that save game. Every time I load the save, I have to manually go into the IED UI and reload my custom preset to get everything working again. It will also randomly stop working in-game, mostly at times where autosaves happen (fast travel or cell transitions), but sometimes just when I'm doing nothing in particular and standing around in town. Favorited weapons still work fine, but their positioning resets to default, and custom items (in my case the potions from Mura's presets) disappear entirely and have to be reapplied.

It's not a major issue, because I can just force reload my preset and it fixes it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I don't know what could be conflicting with IED to overwrite these things. Perhaps something with XPMSSE is messed up on my end?

Regardless, this mod is amazing. I'm 100% sure my issue is some sort of conflict or oversight on my end, and this mod is worth the temporary trouble. An absolutely brilliant work!

Edited by Gonkish, 06 March 2022 - 10:17 PM.

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
In response to post #106578398.

Spoiler

Some other mod can change positions on nodes at any time, but configuration can not disapear mid gameplay (it's never changed unless there's user input). It's stored in the skse co-save which can be corrupted or trashed by something else, you'd only notice this after a reload. If the data is corrupted, you'll see errors on game loads in the plugin log (Tools->Log), if it's getting deleted then you wouldn't see anything.

It's not a major issue

I disagree, you've a pretty serious issue. I suggest getting to the bottom of it.

Gonkish

Gonkish

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
In response to post #106578398. #106578908 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Interesting. Seems like the data isn't getting saved at all in the save file, then. The strange thing is that in previous versions it worked absolutely flawlessly, so it's either the updates OR something else that updated that messed it up. I'm going to need to do some tests to figure out what's wrong.

EDIT: The log is showing this: https://i.imgur.com/sFr0yiq.jpg
It's definitely a mod conflict, I created a new save with a very minimal mod load and it worked fine. Not sure what those formIDs are, or why they're not being found, yet.

Edited by Gonkish, 06 March 2022 - 11:46 PM.

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
In response to post #106578398. #106578908, #106579878 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yeah, those are all valid formids which are used in the default config (cuffs, armor keywords, ..) so it's not corruption or missing data. Form id resolving is provided by SKSE, it allows plugins to find new ids of forms when the LO changes. It should never fail for any form in Skyrim.esm (which all of those are) so it would seem you've something really funky going on in that save that's breaking SKSE's mod index mappings. What's the rest of the log say? (you can find a text copy in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE)

Gonkish

Gonkish

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
In response to post #106578398. #106578908, #106579878, #106581753, #106582203 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I think I tracked down the issue already. I went through the whole "enable one mod and then load the save" thing, turns out Faster HDT-SMP seems to be causing the issue, or at the very least it's one of the things that is. I'm guessing I messed something up with the installation of that. I'm going to try reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Gonkish, 07 March 2022 - 12:19 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.998 seconds