• Please log in to reply
1436 replies to this topic

Treshcore

Treshcore

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ahh, I hate asking stupid questions, especially after you wrote it clearly in the sticked message just above that this problem isn't connected to IED... But maybe there is a way to solve it by your beautiful mod. Yes, it's once again about shields on back that's size on (females') backs is spoiled by XPMSSE. So I apologize in advance if I ask something I don't really know about and put the entire question in a wrong and annoying way.

The idea is simple: is it possible to show a shield like it's equipped... even if it's not equipped? I mean, always use the same model, the same mesh as if it is equipped - even when it's not?

Because I just really don't like it when I load a game (already filled with script fixes for XPMSSE) and shield on my character or NPCs is big and then small. Just breaks immersion.

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
In response to post #109994008.

Spoiler

You can't, XPMSSE scales the skeleton sheath node and it doesn't do this based on any sort of mesh, it does it based on whether the item is detected as equipped or not. Even if the mesh attached to the item is missing, sheath node scaling still happens. The (proper) way to disable this would be to rip out that part of the code from the xp scripts. 

Treshcore

Treshcore

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In response to post #109994008. #109994348 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thank you for answer! I'll try to look into scripts, though there are already problems with compiling them, huh.

upd.
All right, I tried to work with scripts and had no luck. So I decided to go the other way and approach this trouble from the point of scales by themselves.
I deleted XPMSSE completely, but left skeleton just like you said. Using NifScope, I changed shield on the back (Default ShieldBack [577]) to the magic number of 0.851700, which is equal to female's hand scale in this skeleton. Now it looks completely the same both in hands
and on the back.
However, here's a part where I'd like to ask you again, now certainly about your mod. Is it possible to add drawing and sheathing animations like it was with XPMSSE? I mean, I will look into it tomorrowday, but if you'll see it and wouldn't mind sharing possible instructions (or a link to them, if you already wrote it), it would be cool :)

Edited by Treshcore, 01 June 2022 - 10:57 PM.

Treshcore

Treshcore

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In response to post #109994008. #109994348, #110010463 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I guess it looks like spamming with messages here, but I got it working. In a dirty way, but working. In continuation of my previous post.
First of all, I took FNIS animations from XMPSSE, not Base ones, and put them into Skyrim/Data folder where they had to be.
Then I installed FNIS. Right with Nemesis. To my surprise, they weren't conflicting - at least with my mod pack of True Directional Movement, Immersive Interactions and maybe a couple of other mods. But, shield animations worked as intended.

I guess that's it, and this trouble is generally fixed. I'd like to thank you for this beautiful mod which took Skyrim on a completely new level of immersion for me!!!

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
In response to post #109994008. #109994348, #110010463, #110031198 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Automatic XP draw/sheathe anim switching works only with FNIS atm, you don't need any plugins installed just behavior files need to be generated and FNIS_aa2.pex need to be present (does not need to be active in the game) so group info can be extracted.

Then I installed FNIS. Right with Nemesis. To my surprise, they weren't conflicting

They cannot be compatible, they both generate the same thing - behavior files. One will overwrite the others output, you'll gain absolutely nothing except some potential nasty breakage. Unfortunatelly you'll have to manually delete output from both generators to clean up any mess that was made running one after the other.

Edited by slavicpotato1, 02 June 2022 - 10:53 AM.

Yamayashi

Yamayashi

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
mod works great, but stalves, swords and shields held in the left hand appear on the ground instead. Any fix?

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
In response to post #110037478.

Spoiler

nothing works great when you can't even follow simple (dual sheath) installation instructions

Edited by slavicpotato1, 02 June 2022 - 01:37 PM.

Treshcore

Treshcore

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In response to post #109994008. #109994348, #110010463, #110031198, #110033743 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Thank you for warning! Though I may misunderstanding something. At least I disabled FNIS.esp and everything kept working. Hope it won't break very soon.

slavicpotato1

slavicpotato1

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
In response to post #109994008. #109994348, #110010463, #110031198, #110033743, #110039683 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

w/o going into too much detail:

FNIS/Nemesis generators build behavior data (among other stuff), it's written to 'meshes\actors\character\behaviors' and 'meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\behaviors'. Say you ran Nemesis first, then FNIS right after, FNIS would've overwritten data generated by Nemesis. You load up the game, notice that IED anim feature works (thanks to nemesis data being replaced by fnis), but at the same time other mods which rely on nemesis got broken. All you've done is replaced one with the other, nothing got 'combined'. Meanwhile, leftovers from nemesis are still there (first-person behavior data for one). Can't tell you exactly what or how things might break, all I can say for sure is that soup you've just made is no good, it needs to be cleaned up.

Whether FNIS.esp is enabled or not makes no difference.

Bjy312

Bjy312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
sorry, I am new....how can I get back to the default settings,  somehow after I install "use those horses", it make npc display their weapons without wearing armor. I try to delete all setting and reinstall this but don't work. I just want npc don't display their weapons without wearing armor.

Edit: nvm, I fixed it :)

Edited by Bjy312, 03 June 2022 - 04:05 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.953 seconds