{MOD REQUESTS} A conversation about the state of this game

vbiguine

Just wanted to know if there Is anyway to come up with MODs to address these disastrous problems plaguing this game:

1) Can we remove the silly ammo box drop upon the death of an enemy AI. It's an incomprehensibly bad choice of style to have a big shinning ammo box morphing in the middle of a death animation and standing there right next to the body screaming at you.

2) Wanted to know if we could always have ragdoll upon elimination of an enemy instead of these goofy animated deaths that repeatedly trigger, you know.. the enemy dropping to his knees looking up at the sky with sad eyes in an all is lost moment before he coughs up a lung and dramatically collapses.. and scene..CUT!! act II scene III.. comically bad choice of style.

3) The perpetual problem plaguing every game: THE!!! FIELD!! OF!! VIEW!!!!! We have this mind virus that has consumed every developers, the notion that the importance of peripheral vision is a non sequitur to immersion, that this always reverts downs to fancy graphics. Yet combat and free roam are COMPLETELY ruined. We have two simultaneous problems: the peripheral vision left to right and top to bottom along with a camera that is on triple zoom in and stuck to the player's ass, its two very different problems and both compound our frustration when you see the litanies of complaints online about said problem for more than a decade now and still this issue persists..

4) This new fashion of the vignette effect, this does not create emphasis on anything!. All it does is remove situational awareness, I am completely tunnel visioned because I am waist high in a raspberry bush. because I am looking up at the moon, because there are three clouds in an overcast sky, because I am near overgrown vegetation, just an infuriatingly dumb idea.

5) The character constantly readjusting his position to the orientation of the camera, this is a huge problem because you always end up tripping over your own feet. The camera has to remain on free flow so you can pan in any direction while keeping your bodies orientation, THIS IS WHY WE HAVE A NECK!! not to mention the appeal of being able to see your character from the front while posing so you can admire his loadout. This system constantly counter acts your stride, I want to look around, I dont want to break my stride by constantly having to turn my body back around because I panned to the left for a brief few seconds in order to assess my situation.. A NIGHTMARE!! and whats most surprising is that this does not happen when your character is near a bivoauc or in a calm state, it seems to trigger after he comes across a confrontation.

6) There is this audio Que of the motocross's engine that throttles every time this vehicle spawns near you while you are free roaming, This redundancy becomes impossible to ignore when you notice that this triggers countless times if you free roam any large distance of land, because this vehicle spawns everywhere!

Desperately need for modders to address these problems so I thought I would reach out.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Is anyone else bothered by the color pattern of golem Island at night? everything becomes inexplicably bright and the colors are faded, this does not happen anywhere else on the map but this sector. its like it has its own independent reshade and something went terribly wrong.

Is anyone else baffled by the fact that the majority of enemies look identical? A dark shirt with blue jeans, this is embarrassingly lazy.. really?.. this economy of style and its color pattern is literally the worst possible choice in every environment our planet has to offer, the only excusable scenario would be a zombie attack where you got caught off guard at a picnic with your in-laws.. said scenario would give you an acceptable pretext, it's what is called an exception.

Still dealing with the mountain 00015 error message.. since launch.. still.. years have gone by... still happening... UBIsoft a multi billion dollar company but somehow it is beyond their capacity of hiring staff competent enough to run a server.. let's hope a modder will take it upon himself to help them out with nothing more than a keyboard and a minimum of professional ethics, on their behalf that is.. and bypass this problem for those of us that are still trying to experience the resemblance of a AAA game.. fingers crossed.. that we can run a gaming session without multiple crashes with no available resolution..

• 3 months later...

I feel your pain. I don't think I've spent so much time in any other game which has so many irritating deficiencies that could have easily been avoided with a little forethought and common sense. Here's some more gripes:

1. Having to be at a precise angle to a vehicle in order to mount the turret
2. The activate key (E by default on PC) being used for multiple actions often in exactly the same space - you want to pick up the weapon, but you can only activate the NPC
3. Poorly placed meshes so that you get stuck in the terrain or in a large boulder and have to fast travel or quit the game
4. Dodgy lighting rendering in caves and tunnels
5. Overly verbose Wolves
6. Parachuting off a ledge when you wanted to mount the ladder to descend
7. Rigid inflatable boats that become unusable when they're partially on land
8. Patchy sound design
9. Fog in interiors
10. Military vehicles that can be penetrated by small arms fire
11. NPCs that abandon a vehicle that has a turret in order to chase you down
On the plus side, the default Wolves voice sounds exactly like Neil deGrasse Tyson....
The Spartan mod improved the experience for me, however.

• 1 year later...

I must Admit the Game always had , multiple annoyances. Way too many to list, but Enemies walking up cliffs, you can not, the Awful Haze of the Game, which I use a Shader to improve. Added the Sounds from Mod on here, and looking at doing some others.

Problem is all my old Friends from Day one, are no longer Interested, and I can see why, because the Game/Dlc's were poor, and repetitive let alone the Enemies would respawn in Locations after leaving, plus Spawn in front of you in others.

Ubisoft had no respect for Fans, the Game pretty well flopped. The Game had so much potential, but Players were limited, and to be honest they could have designed better Missions.

One thing I could not understand was you could not drag your downed team mate, even though Walker does in the Cut Sequence, you are limited to Carry with Slow Animations, often getting you killed.