Creation kit preview window is very thin, can't see!

Blackthorrn

I'm trying to make some mods but the preview window when you're making and editing actors is super thin. I can barely see anything it's just a sliver wide. On the other hand the actual actor window is HUGE! I can't resize it, I've tryed messing around with the editor ini's but no luck! I'm going crazy!

I'm using steam and I've tried it, but with no luck. It resized the other windows back but the Actor window is still huge and the preview window is still a sliver. It used to be fine, just one day it got like this.

Delete SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini from your main Skyrim folder and then restart the CK.

If that doesn't work, also delete SkyrimEditor.ini and then verify the cache on Steam to reinstall the default ini files.

Then Re-edit your ini files to make the CK load multiple masters and the DLC's bsa files.

Nope, tried both ways and it still came back with the gaint actor window and sliver of preview window. Could it have resized because of my new smaller monitor? I haven't changed the resolution myself, but could it have noticing my new monitor?

• 1 month later...

My screen resolution is 1024 x 768, im experiencing the very same problems Blackthorn, and i tried Steve40's solutions but the first one didnt work and the second one stopped me opening CK, even after validating the files, it said i hate to locate a construction ini or something....