Skyrim dungeon level locked?

Deleted31005User

Is it true that if you enter certain dungeons at level 1, then come back at level 80 the dungeon still has enemies and loot appropriate for level 1?

I've been playing for a long time now and do notice that I'm fighting regular bandits that die in one hit when entering dungeons that I have explored in the past, after searching for this on google I see a lot of contradicting reports on this, some say it should reset the level lock while other say it does not.

Can someone please confirm this, how does it work exactly?

And is there any mod or console commands out there that removes the dungeon level lock?

Anyways I'm leveling up as fast as I can with these lame techniques because I'm afraid to enter dungeons too early now, but its taking away from the gameplay tbh.

Edited by Guest

Here's what I observed in my game:

I regularly revisit the Embershard Mine to replenish my torch supply.

But yesterday, after not having done so in a while, I noticed that the place was restocked with bandits.

The guy making guard outside the mine died in 1 hit. Compared to me he was worth less than a spit. However, his friends inside the mine were much tougher. Hardly a threat (probably because my mace attacks now ignore 75% of target's armor), but definitely not as low level as the dude outside.

Another one.

I cleared the Valtheim Towers quiet a few levels ago. Yesterday the bandits finally respawned. Almost all of them were tough enough to require several hits from my mace. Definitely stronger than the first time around. Their chief was especially dangerous: clad in a mix of dwarven and plate steel and armed with an ebonty mace, he managed to hurt me quite a bit -- just me and him 1on1 (only a giant can hurt me more than he did in melee combat). I'm positive there was no dwarven, no steel plate and no ebony to be found when I first looted the place.

Still, in the bunch there was the odd archer going down in 1 hit.

I hope this answers your question.

Edited by Foina

At the time I had a full Orcish (Flawless) set, with Mace, Shield and all. None of it enchanted, though -- neglecting the Enchanting skill altogether has been a mistake I'm starting to pay dearly for.

Anyway...
I've been investing in Blacksmith, Heavy Armor, Block and One-Handed skills from the start. All in the high 90s by now (Block is 100), with the Heavy Armor tree just missing the last perk.

Back when I had the full Dwarven (Exquisite) set I couldn't take on giants. Too high a risk. With the transition to Orcish (Flawless) everything has become a lot easier.
Right now I'm on Ebony (Epic). Just switched to it. Armor rating is 687. Nothing, their friends, and a backing army can't seem to pose a threat in melee anymore.

But mages are my waterloo.
Meet a bunch any better than Adept, and I don't walk away straight. And a single Arch Conjurer kills me before I even enter melee range.

It's high time I invest in Enchanting...