Skyrim not updating or do I need a DLC to have 1.9.32.0.8?

maxernst

I have steam set to update Skyrim automatically, but the version of the program I have is 1.9.32.0 not 1.9.32.0.8 . I only discovered this because the Nexus mod manager flagged it as incompatible with the Live Another Life mod. Is my Skyrim not updating for some reason or is the .8 a version that comes with one of the DLC's?

According to here, there was no 1.9.32.0 patch. So not sure how you got that patch level. Perhaps something is reporting the version number incorrectly. However, I don't recall NMM having the capability of informing whether or not a particular mod was incompatible with any particular patch version.

• 2 months later...

Thanks. I wonder if the patch number is truncated because it's too long in XP? The timestamp on my file matches the 1.9.32.0.8 so I guess I'll try the mod and see if it works.

Actually, I am getting the same thing on Windows 7. I just redownloaded my copy of the game from steam after an elongated absence and I was checking into the whole mod situationof this game, the very first mod I came across, the unofficial Skyrim patch, states quite clearly it is compatible with Skyrim version 1.9.32.0.8 however, the game installed to just version 1.9.32.0, I do not understand the discrepency here, I have a completely legitimate copy of the game. Also, I remember that shortly after this games release it had some sort of editor that came with it, is it possible that the installation of this editor, I think it was called the creation kit maybe, that that would boost the version number up to 1.9.32.0.8? I tried quickly without too much effort actually to search steam for the creation kit and could not locate it, anyone got any suggestions?

I just want thing s to go smoothly and "by the book" if you know what I mean, adding modifications to games can actually be a science if done properly.

Thanks in advance folks.

Edit: I found the creation kit, steam>library>tools it will be there if your copy is legit.

Last edit: And no, installing it did not take the version number up to 1.9.32.0.8

What is the deal with a mod requiring 1.9.32.0.8 or later when I cannot patch up to it? Is it wrong or am I wrong? This confuses me to no end >.<

Edited by DanielDuncan

Run the game, load a save and then press "Esc" to bring up the game menu then look in the lower left corner of the game menu to see the correct version number. If you're viewing the Version info from the properties of TESV.exe then it only shows the version as 1.9.32.0 but the version number in the in-game menu will show as 1.9.32.0.8.

Run the game, load a save and then press "Esc" to bring up the game menu then look in the lower left corner of the game menu to see the correct version number. If you're viewing the Version info from the properties of TESV.exe then it only shows the version as 1.9.32.0 but the version number in the in-game menu will show as 1.9.32.0.8.

Thank you VERY much, I see it now. That eliminates 100% of that confusion. Just knowing where to look for an accurate read on the version number is very soothing to me, I can now proceed with some amount of confidence with adding custom content to this game. Thanks again.

Thank you VERY much, I see it now. That eliminates 100% of that confusion. Just knowing where to look for an accurate read on the version number is very soothing to me, I can now proceed with some amount of confidence with adding custom content to this game. Thanks again.

You're welcome and I'm happy to have been of some help. For anyone new to Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls games I'd strongly suggest you bookmark the UESP (Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages) as they have a huge wealth of information about all of the games! ;)