• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mikegilbert123

mikegilbert123

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello, firstly I want to say that my computer is good enough to run 4k textures and that I can run Oblivion with 4k textures just fine with the help of EGL.

But when it comes to New Vegas, I can't, I was able to with ENB Boost and some other things but they are all outdated and i had black textures problems instead.

I know it is not my mod load order because i moved the textures folder away and it didn't crashed while not having the textures on the data folder.

I create a new character, i spawn inside Doc house, everything is good until i leave his house, it crashes right away.

If i use the coc command to Megaton, game runs fine until i leave Megaton.

So my problem seems to be that the game is running out of memory.

I have xnvse, the 4gb patcher, anti crash, tick fix, etc...

I have followed the Viva guide but it is not enough.

EGL for New Vegas doesn't seems to do much actually.

So I simply want to ask if someone has a good and recent guide that can help me with this specific problem.
The help would truly be appreciated.

Thanks.

norbert1954

norbert1954

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 414 posts

Maybe thiis helps https://www.reddit.c..._vegas_crashes/

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 46,312 posts

Did you have ENB Boost configured correctly? black textures are usually a memory shortage issue, the very thing ENB Boost is supposed to stop.

mikegilbert123

mikegilbert123

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I'm not using ENB Boost anymore because the Viva guide says it is outdated and the creator of EGL says that EGL itself should be enough.

Edited by mikegilbert123, 25 January 2022 - 08:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4k, crash, memory, out of memory, performance, guide, help

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.026 seconds