DooM (DOS)

tyreil829

does anyone reamber playing this gem of a game?

i am still playing it!! Co-op some times but it is really fun on my own

wondering if anyone elses plays it hehe

Dante

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I am playing this game. Just last week I installed the "Ultimate Doom" on my PC again (because of some crap that made me reinstall windows late last year, ugh) and I played I think it was the second episode and got through about half of the episode. I really enjoy this game despite how old it is, one because it is interesting. But also, it just happens to be the very first game I ever played. :happy:

It brings back old memories of long gone days when games required less than a couple of megabytes of memory to run, as compared to 2 gigabytes or more today. In fact, I actually think I should play it on coop again sometime soon. :smile:

Yes I have. Unfortunately, after the crap with my computer system last August, I would have to reinstall it. I did especially like the revamped menu appearance while this enhancer was running.

• 4 weeks later...
I love Doom. Doom2 Was alot of fun as well. Doom 3 was entertaining one time and that was it(Though it did have a decent expansion). But even raw fun factor aside, Doom holds a special place in my heart. It pioneered online gaming and just look at where we are now.

And a whole episode in shareware, it was years before I even realized that there were two other episodes. Including Doom 2, adds up to somewhere in the hundreds of levels. I also really liked Hexen, Doom in fantasy world with magic, probably one thing that really drew me to Elder Scrolls.