Steam Application Error T: 65432 and Fallout 4

RascalTan

Hello all,

this is a big shoutout to all the forums I'm in, social media platforms and other relevant platforms.

I am desperate enough to do this.

Error: Steam Application Error T:0000065432

Game: Fallout 4

Mod Manager: Mod Organizer 2

I'm working with a modlist called "The Midnight Ride" (which also worked for the few actual game options).

And before someone says something: I followed exactly the very good description of the authos and had in the end almost exactly

the same result what the author had assumed.

Attempted solutions:

On Steam:

- Restarting the PC after installing Fallout 4.

- Integration check by Steam into my local data

- Deleted My Games folder, Appdata folder from Steam in Local, LocalLow, Roaming.

- Firewall (Windows Defender) and anti-virus real-time protection disabled

- Administrator rights for Steam.exe and Mod Organizer 2 (helper.exe) granted and revoked in every possible combination

- moved Fallout 4 folder to Steam folder

- copied steam.exe application to Fallout 4 folder

- Linked Fallout4.exe with steam-exe via "Windows command prompt" with admin rights

- Uninstalled Steam and removed Fallout 4 with the cleaning program Revo Uninstaller without leaving any residue

- Removed Appcache folder from Steam

- reinstalled Steam outside of Program Files and installed Fallout 4 into it

- deleted all files from Steam folder (except steamapps folder and steam.exe program)

- tried to play Fallout 4 in english (downloaded the english client via Steam)

- tries to play Fallout 4 in offline mode

With Mod Organizer 2

- tried debug mode of MO2 (didn't understand what the log gave out)

- removed MO2 (but kept the downloaded mods, profiles etc)

- deleted ini files

Of course I changed all attempts, after failed result again (at least where it was still possible)

Situation:

I have certainly tried more, which I can not remember after about 4 days a 18 hours a day.

Every now and then I can start the game and also play, but only once.

Then when I log out and try again the Steam Error blocks it.

I have tried to figure out why it works but so far it is purly random. Sometimes it works sometimes not (most of the time it doesn't).

Since this happens ONLY with Fallout 4 and not with Skyrim (unfortunately I only have the old version of Skyrim so not the Special Edition)

it is a problem.

What I haven't tried yet, also because most guides say to stick with MO2.... is to mod the game with Vortex

and give it a try. I will give Vortex a try though.

Why I am doing this massive shoutout now is because...there is one person somewhere in the world who helped me with the exact same problem in 2017!

That one person told me to adjust something in some ini somewhere. I never had any problems in Fallout 4 after that.

Regrettably, in 2018 I had a total PC failure and had to rebuild the PC.

And unfortunately the forum doesn't exist anymore where the helper was, after 5 years I don't know the name or what I should have changed.

As you can see I have followed all the guides that deal with this issue with ZERO result.

So if either the helper/helper sees it maybe she can help again.

And even if not I am of course open to all your suggestions you still have.

Did you have the same PRoblem but forgot to post it somewhere?

Or not interested in it?

Or simply (like me) too happy about the fact that I can suddenly play it again?

One important (maybe) detail I have:

In all fix guides I found so far, there was either a V or the numbers 3 or 5 in front of the colon in the error message.

But in my case there is a T in front. I don't know if this has any meaning.

But I would like to mention it here.

Another important detail is that if I start a MO2 profile (modded or not) the first time, the game works.

If I then start this profile another time, it doesn't work anymore.

As if the first time something is written, which prevents it from being restarted.

Please send me your questions or solutions.

"Temporary" solution:

Hi all,

after many, many hours and days of thinking and trial and error I think,

I have found a solution. At the moment it is only a PROVISIONAL solution, but still.

I will present my solution here, maybe it will help someone:

1st step:

Before doing anything else and the error shows up...you should first try this:

- Shutdown the computer (really shutdown, not just restart!).

- After a break of about 2 - 5 minutes start the PC again. The complete shutdown deletes temporary installation data,

which can (not necessarily) cause Steam to follow a wrong path when you try to start Fallout 4.

2nd step (if the problem persists):

To rule out any other error source, you should follow this guide here and test if it can fix the problem:

3rd step (if the problem still persists):

In your root folder (by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4) look for the files:

- xSE PluginPreloader.xml

- xSE PluginPreloader.log

- lpHlpAPI.dll

keep an eye out. These files are not in FO4 by default. They are copied in by a MOD named xSE PluginPreloader F4.

Try to save these files somewhere outside the root folder as a backup.

Then delete the three files in the ROOT folder (NOT in the BACKUP folder of course) and

try to start FO4 again via MO2 or also via Fallout4.exe (depending if you use mods or not).

In my case this was the only remaining solution to solve the error problem. Since I got this data out FO4 runs again. Both with MO2 and without MO2.

As I said, it helped me. It doesn't necessarily help you too. But a try does not hurt :)

A few words about xSE PluginPreloader FO4:

This MOD is occasionally advised by mod authors if you want to use BuffOut 4 or PrivateProfileRedirector F4,to install.

Since the MOD preloads all F4SE-necessary plugins in a safe environment before starting the game itself.

In this context it is useful and makes quite a difference if you have a very long mod list that needs to be loaded at startup.

But it is NOT REQUIRED for Buffout 4 for example! Buffout 4 works fine and reliable without this MOD.

I have guesses, why it is that the application error arose, but I am not a modder myself and I don't want to put anything into the world that consists of half-knowledge.

Fact is, now my game runs again. But the question remains: How much longer :D