please help, Aela won't leave me alone!

Diesha

She won't go away, I can't add anymore followers like Skjar from Dragon Bridge because of her. I dismissed her but she still follows me when i do the follower tweaks command. Skjor doesn't follow me after i dismiss him, but aela does..wtf. i keep doing missions with her hoping that I complete some quest with her to untether her from me, but yet she still won't disband from me. I tried to kill her, disable her, reset her through the console but to no avail..i still can't add Skjar(from interesting NPC mod)-HE keeps telling me he doesn't like the other follower. I am assuming he still sees Aela as still being banded to me even though she's been dismissed. WTH is going on!

Try opening the console and use the following command -
Set PlayerFollowerCount to 0
That should do the trick. If she's still following you around after that, you may have unwittingly committed a minor crime in Whiterun, in which case, use the console command -
PayCrimeGold 0 0 267EA
Hopefully, that should solve your problem :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, i solved my problem with Aela! I managed to get rid of her by taking all of her stuff/my stuff off of her, designating a new home for her, and then completely resetting her!. But I will try what you suggested for someone else I actually wanted that got tethered to me, (skjar).