EDITING .UTI FILES IN DRAGON AGE

LemmingoftheGDA

To remove a restriction, and not replace it with a different restriction, just delete the applicable fields from the UTI... it will be under 'PropertiesList'. If you've installed the toolset, you can find an enumeration of item properties in the 'itemprps.xls' spreadsheet that should be in the [game install location]\Dragon Age\tools\Source\ folder.

Example:

This is a UTI for a custom chest I made is restricted to Alistair... the PropertyID for that restriction is '6030':

tumblr_po69cqRabe1uf33zto1_540.jpg

And the aforementioned spreadsheet, documenting that value:

tumblr_po69cqRabe1uf33zto2_1280.jpg

You can see in that image that the PropertyID for 'Required:Mage' is 6010, btw.

The identifier for mage restriction is 6010, so you'd want to remove that from the uti.

The item property tags are listed in the itemprps.xls file located in your game installation directory ->tools->Source->2DA.

Does that help?

Edit: heh - that'll teach me to look at the next page before I fire off a reply. :ninja:

• 1 year later...

Open the Witcher mod's GDA file in GDApp and note the ID for the item you want the Battledress to look like.

Open the UTI file for Battledress of the Provocateur with TlkEdit 2 and change the entry for ModelVariation to the ID from the Witcher mod.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I am trying to change the model of the Battledress of the Provocateur from studded armor to human armor. ( I currently just use the Winter Forge every time)

The trouble is I can find no program to extract the prc_dao_lel_im_arm_cht_01.uti from the .erf.

I can see it is in C:\Users\Username\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\dao_prc_lel_dao\core\data\designeritems.erf (in fact it's the only thing in that erf.)

Edited by olnorton

You can't extract from a DLC ERF archive, because it is encrypted. Discussion of the hacking tools required to 'unlock' DLC files is against Nexus rules, so that's all I'll say about that.

The ERFs from the base game and Awakening are not encrypted, and their files can be extracted with pyGFF, the DA toolset, and (IIRC) the GFF editor packed with the toolset.

You can't extract from a DLC ERF archive, because it is encrypted. Discussion of the hacking tools required to 'unlock' DLC files is against Nexus rules, so that's all I'll say about that.

The ERFs from the base game and Awakening are not encrypted, and their files can be extracted with pyGFF, the DA toolset, and (IIRC) the GFF editor packed with the toolset.

OK, thanks for the reply. I had seen others post links to how you get past the encryption, but they went to the old Bioware site.

And one bloke who asked how to do it, and then replied to his own post with " never-mind I figured it out" ( I love those guys)

I managed to achieve my goal by just exporting a basic leather chest piece UTI with the toolset and editing it. Then renaming it to prc_dao_lel_im_arm_cht_01.uti

I did the same with the Vestments of the Seer, but unfortunately I have no way of knowing what the unique ico file for the Vestments is called, but that's a small price to pay to get rid of that plain green robe.

Just a tip. Don't use the GFF editor that comes with the toolset to edit uti's. It removes the last few letters of the TemplateResRef, causing it to work when you first got the Battledress, but you would then be naked on reload. It took me a while to figure out why that was happening.