You obviously do not understand the difference between what you say, and the words you use to say something. So let me pick ONE example.

"The man's child". Where is the woman in that phrase? Do you not see the exclusion and dismissal in that phrase? Do you not comprehend that such phrases are deliberately meant to diminish women and their role? Do you not see the propriety implications for ownership in that phrase?

No, I don't. It's not only the man's child, it also belongs to the woman. "The man's child" is not the same as "Only the man's child".

You use that phrase, and every time you use it, you tell the world "the woman is nothing, the child is the man's, and he has the authority to control what happens to it". Your protestations to the contrary fall on deaf ears, because anyone can see the truth in the words you use.

Wow, no that's not even close to what I'm saying. If that's your interpretations then that's fine.

I feel confident that at some point you have heard the phrase "What you do speaks louder than what you say". The same holds for words and phrases when writing about "what you believe".

Yes, I am familiar with the phrase, but I disagree it can be applied here. How you interpret what I've written has told me much about you as well. If you had any questions about what I meant behind certain phrases then you could've just asked and I could've clarified, instead of interpreting how you want.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be interesting to discuss such a topic. but do you think this is the right place here probably without any female contribution at all ? i have severe doubts that this works and makes sense. why should a women take part if a topic is opened like that ? study all the debate topics and see how a discussion works here. i learned much and my conclusion: sadly most topics and discussions are not worth the time because you will turn in circles after a short time with only a few and probably always the same participants with their always same attitude and behavior and living in their more or less limited own world. cheers and all the best to all of you!

Well, this is the debate side of the game forum so I figured why not give it a shot. I would love to get a woman's perspective, they're more than welcome to discuss. I agree that so far, this post hasn't started off the way I would've hoped, my own temptation to join in was a bit too great. Perhaps I should retreat a bit and just look at the responses :laugh:

no humour, just pity.

1. To the best of my knowledge, a woman cannot reproduce by herself. Sure, there are methods that don't require a man to be present.... artificial insemination, for instance, but, aside from that, no, a woman CANNOT reproduce on her own...

2. ...In all reality, I don't see a gaming forum as the 'proper' place to debate MANY of the topics that come up here...

1. are you sure ? maybe currently not. some female animals already can. seems humans are an inferior species regarding replication.

2. yes, that's what i already said. if you are not aware you will learn it here. at least i learned it :wink:

no humour, just pity.

1. To the best of my knowledge, a woman cannot reproduce by herself. Sure, there are methods that don't require a man to be present.... artificial insemination, for instance, but, aside from that, no, a woman CANNOT reproduce on her own...

2. ...In all reality, I don't see a gaming forum as the 'proper' place to debate MANY of the topics that come up here...

1. are you sure ? maybe currently not. some female animals already can.

2. yes, that's what i already said. if you are not aware you will learn it here. at least i learned it :wink:

As the topic here is 'abortion', I figured we were dealing specifically with humans. I haven't seen any female animals (aside from humans...) at the abortion clinic of late. :D I also have not seen/heard about any human females spontaneously becoming pregnant..... (well, ok, there is ONE reported instance, but that delves into a topic that if verboten here.)

Guest deleted34304850

no humour, just pity.

To the best of my knowledge, a woman cannot reproduce by herself. Sure, there are methods that don't require a man to be present.... artificial insemination, for instance, but, aside from that, no, a woman CANNOT reproduce on her own.

I know its hard for you to read what people write, before you laughably try to turn whatever topic it is into a republican/democrat argument, but go back and look at what I originally responded to again. Here's a clue for you "develop a fetus". I'm quite certain that the female is built to do exactly that.

You decided that "develop a fetus" = "reproduction". Maybe you too should pick up a book? Or is that too left wing for you? clown.

Guest deleted34304850

I feel confident that at some point you have heard the phrase "What you do speaks louder than what you say". The same holds for words and phrases when writing about "what you believe".

Yes, I am familiar with the phrase, but I disagree it can be applied here. How you interpret what I've written has told me much about you as well. If you had any questions about what I meant behind certain phrases then you could've just asked and I could've clarified, instead of interpreting how you want.

its on you to clarify your stance and show your best side using appropriate words. you set the tone with your choice of words and with no other data points, that choice of words is going to colour how people perceive you. Going to be honest, you've set quite a low bar.

Guest deleted34304850

no humour, just pity.

1. are you sure ? maybe currently not. some female animals already can.

As the topic here is 'abortion', I figured we were dealing specifically with humans. I haven't seen any female animals (aside from humans...) at the abortion clinic of late. :D I also have not seen/heard about any human females spontaneously becoming pregnant..... (well, ok, there is ONE reported instance, but that delves into a topic that if verboten here.)

You are so painfully ignorant.

its on you to clarify your stance and show your best side using appropriate words. you set the tone with your choice of words and with no other data points, that choice of words is going to colour how people perceive you. Going to be honest, you've set quite a low bar.

I feel like I've clarified my point plenty at this point. If you're still confused, I can try to clarify my comments again. Is there any comment specifically? I personally don't believe I came of as malicious, but if you disagree, I would like to hear how. Also, the topic is fairly broad so you're welcome to give your opinion about anything associated with abortion, be it the responsibility argument, the autonomy argument or any argument put forth in my initial post. Hopefully in a respectful manner going forward :happy:

no humour, just pity.

To the best of my knowledge, a woman cannot reproduce by herself. Sure, there are methods that don't require a man to be present.... artificial insemination, for instance, but, aside from that, no, a woman CANNOT reproduce on her own.

I know its hard for you to read what people write, before you laughably try to turn whatever topic it is into a republican/democrat argument, but go back and look at what I originally responded to again. Here's a clue for you "develop a fetus". I'm quite certain that the female is built to do exactly that.

You decided that "develop a fetus" = "reproduction". Maybe you too should pick up a book? Or is that too left wing for you? clown.

Ah, dancing with semantics. I am pretty sure his intent was to imply that a woman can't get pregnant by herself. You are the one doing the 'creative interpretation' here, to denigrate someone elses intelligence to make yourself feel better about your self. Have you considered therapy for your inferiority complex?

really entertaining how dynamic this topic develops - not exactly as i expected but close - please continue even without defending trumpists and republicans ( is it aready the same ? ) as the first priority :smile: