How to stop Skyrim from updating

ff7legend

I'll wager your game was stealth-updated by Steam to the newest version & your crash is caused by one or more incompatible SKSE plugins due to a game version mismatch @Colinpark. EIther use the Unofficial Downgrade Patcher to downgrade your game or figure out which SKSE plugins are incompatible with your game version.

ff7legend

i use the downgrade patcher and have since this whole ordeal started and have no problems. you just have to make sure you download the correct version of the mod your wanting to use--usually in the archive section of the file page. i also have access to the original update including the fishing and all. if you DON'T LAUNCH THROUGH STEAM --- AT ALLL EVER!!! , you shouldn't have a problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I purchased the AE version through steam which includes the SE game files. However have had an incredibly difficult time trying to mod it following the guides that are out there even if AE is in the mod guide title. I get CTD crashes. So can I roll backwards and remove AE content so it’s possible to mod?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next Gen computers needs 1.6x in order to run. 1.5x does not have the processing speeds for i9 and DDR5. 1.6x came out when i9 and DDR5 were released. 1.5x is incompatible with Next Gen Computers.

source or it didn't happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Next Gen computers needs 1.6x in order to run. 1.5x does not have the processing speeds for i9 and DDR5. 1.6x came out when i9 and DDR5 were released. 1.5x is incompatible with Next Gen Computers.

source or it didn't happen.

I concur with @Billy1969: source or it didn't happen.

I've been playing 1.5 on an i9-11900K for over a year, granted with 128GB 3600 DDR4. I can't see where switching to DDR5 would cause the game to fail. "1.6x came out when i9 and DDR5 were released." i9 came out in 2017, years before DDR5 came out in 2020 (Wikipedia). Not sure where you got your info, @Stormchaser1.

• 1 month later...

Remove the Wi-Fi circuit board from your gaming PC.

Stay off-line permanently and forever.

As Corporal Hicks once stated under totally different circumstances," It's the only way to be sure."

I bought a re-furbished Dell Optiplex 380 for $69 over the internet. For that price, I got the PC, Windows 10 Pro, a Microsoft keyboard, an Onn mouse, a Dell Monitor and Stand, all cables, shipping and sales tax. All for $69.

I use the Dell for everything internet, which it is well suited for. I use it to access the Nexus, download the mod, burn it to DVD, and I never have to worry about losing that mod. Then I transfer via DVD to my no-Wi-Fi no-ether-net Cyber Power 880, with no chance of my game being destroyed, as so many have been.

• 2 months later...

this next gen tale is a hoax - just kidding: buy amd cpu, stay clear of intel and skip ddr5 - it also lowers chance to kill your (amd)cpu... :wink:

and thanks to ff7legend for helping people to stay clear of ae. i'm curious how the fo4 anniversary update will hit pc mods...

this next gen tale is a hoax - just kidding: buy amd cpu, stay clear of intel and skip ddr5 - it also lowers chance to kill your (amd)cpu... :wink:

and thanks to ff7legend for helping people to stay clear of ae. i'm curious how the fo4 anniversary update will hit pc mods...

Hopefully it doesn't hit mods like the Skyrim update did. The internet would riot. ...Again.

• 2 months later...