Who makes all the Skyrim Barrels & Chests?

ChessBorg

When wandering Skyrim I often wonder "Who makes all these chests?" I mean, chests in long forgotten crypts and in castles are often the same style. There is of course some variation such as Dwemer chests or Falmer chests.

But, I always thought it would be interesting if there was 1 building, or several, where the barrels and chests were made. I also like the idea of including different furniture being made, too, like dressers, tables, etc...

If someone really cared, you could start as an apprentice barrel maker and work your way up. The grand prize at the end could be player-built homes could feature newer furniture, gold trimmed chests, etc... I could see the crafting tree being extended (or barrel making etc... increases the crafting experience bar). Perhaps one could also gain lockpicking experience or locks on certain chests become easier to pick because you know how they work.

Anyway, the sky is the limit with how fun this could be. I doubt anyone will make this mod but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone who likes this idea.

lol who does make all of those chests?! genius! would i know exactly what an armoire is after playing this mod? an ottoman? bordeaux? bunch of other words ive heard that i dont really understand? why are china cabinets named after china? could i learn the fundmental concepts of dove tail joinery through a mini-game? that is the best way to learn them. could i eventually earn a fortune as "the" royal cabinete maker? maybe the player could go on long adventures for exotic crating materials like rare inlaid gold from the depths of blackrock or rare red dye from the spring flowers that only bloom beyond the greybeards and only during a lunar eclipse... also, im gonna get extra storage as a cabinete master right? and increased loot drop rates. theres nothing i value more than extra storage, loot and display racks!

Edited by arkbg1