MoveTo command NOT working!

justinrpg

The MoveTo command is NOT working whatsoever in my Oblivion game!

I tried "Moveto 0090bbo" which is a crate in the Imperial City but I ALWAYS get the following error message "Item '0090bb0' not found for parameter ObjectReferenceID. Compiled script not saved.

I know 100% that the reference ID is indeed correct! It shows the SAME reference ID for that crate on every save file and every character so I KNOW that it is indeed 100% correct!

I tried selecting myself and then typing the command without any luck.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Edit: Not working on ANY object or character! I tried like six characters and more than a dozen items. I even tried harvestable plants. All save files say SAME reference ID for said objects but game refuses to move me to them. same if I use player.MoveTo :(

Edited by justinrpg

Well, MoveTo will move whatever is currently selected (the Ref-/FormID at the top center of the screen when console is open), so either having yourself selected or using "player." will be somewhat paramount...

...But I think the primary problem here is you need to put the hexadecimal FormIDs in quotes when trying to use them like that in console.

However, as FormIDs are always 8 digits (first 2 digits for their origin plugin's place in load order + 6 digits for the form, both groups always 0-padded), I'm a little bit unsure this FormID as typed above will work even in quoted notation.

FormID is the generic name of the 8-digit hex number as Drake described.

refID is the FormID of an item in the game world

ObjectID is the ForrmID of a Base Object

FactionID is the FormID of a Faction object

and so on...

This is the general understanding. Some WIKI pages may not conform, which may make it confusing.