take time to

explore

take time for

fun and more

your always welcome

to join us in

any topic thats

for sure!

I am left quite nearly without words, at the honor of your poetry.

And I am greatly honored by your welcome, a fellow modder, and poet (Although for myself. I must use that term loosely. LOL.)

Since your arrival, you have brought, much joy and light to this community, and for that you have my gratitude.

You may consider your offer of friendship, accepted without condition.

Please consider me, at your service,

Storm Raven

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wazzup!!! :P

Mr. LHammonds,

Wazzup Salad!!!

Now that is one of the warmest and friendliest greetings, I received a long time. FreddieCashMercury, if you recall, always returned the greeting "Wazzup", with "Wazzup Salad!!! " I once asked him where the salad part came from, and he told me he didn't know. LOL. Fond memories of days long past. Now this is a secret LHammonds so don't tell anyone, but I have always been a great admirer of yours.

("I think I can say that without fear", as we have both been married to wonderful wives, for many years LOL. Did anyone catch the Morrowind reference?)

Your tireless efforts, on behalf of the Nexus, and your incredible contributions to the education of all who would mod, have made you a legend, in the Oblivion community. I have always felt, as in the case of Buddha, a certain awe, and a desire to be more like the two of you, every time I see your name. You have both contributed so much time, thought, and energy, to the Nexus, and so much guidance to the community, that your lights shine like stars in the heavens. So I would like to say, quite publicly, and for the record, that no member of this community could go wrong, by endeavoring to be more like the two of you. And Ben of course, the old man said, laughing out loud. It would be best not to forget Ben, lest he burn his own library down, so that I should not forget him. Nor have I forgotten you, dear AlienSlof, as you have blazed the trails for many in our community, and suffered so greatly for it. You are all living Heroes in my book. If only I could, I would be more like all of you. From my heart to yours.

(There may be those of you, who upon reading the last paragraph, might think that the old bird was kissing up. Let me tell you, in your life, you could never be so wrong!!!

I know these people, they are all honest hard working individuals with hearts of gold who toil ceaselessly for no recompense to benefit the Nexus community, and the Oblivion community at large, and if you're reading this, that means you.)

It is good to be home, and among some of the finest people I know, thank you all for your replies.

*the old man smiles, very broadly, and rumbles off into the darkness.*

Storm Raven

Lifetime Member

"All hail the Dark0ne for without him...None of this would exist. - SR Wizard At Large"

I am left quite nearly without words, at the honor of your poetry.

And I am greatly honored by your welcome, a fellow modder, and poet (Although for myself. I must use that term loosely. LOL.)

Since your arrival, you have brought, much joy and light to this community, and for that you have my gratitude.

You may consider your offer of friendship, accepted without condition.

Please consider me, at your service,

Storm Raven

You honor and humble me with your words.Consider it done!

** :ninja: your giftcard is in the mail. :ninja: **

;)

Mr. L. Hammonds,

For that addition to this topic, you will receive the award for the funniest post of the topic. I began laughing, when I saw the secret ninjas. And nearly fell out of my chair when I read the reference to the gift card!!! That is absolutely, positively the funniest reply, I have ever seen, to one of my periodic rants about the good people of this community.

Now let me tell you about the award... You will be added to the Hall of Heroes, which is located in a secret library, of which you may heard tell. I just can't keep Ben quiet, but you'll have to give me time, to compose something "appropriate" for your addition, as I'll have to do it up right. But for now I just can't stop laughing, at what will be, your most famous line!

*the old man cried in laughter as he thought how he would design a proper ode to heroes, so funny, and so fine.*.

You know who...

*Does a little dance*

Poetry and ambiguity aside...where have you been? Explain yourself!.

Dark0ne,

I apologize for the delay in my response to you. The simple truth is, I have not slept well in many days. And while pondering how to begin, my explanation, I fell asleep in my office chair. Such is the life of a man who has passed the half-century mark. My explanation begins now nearly 18 months in the past. So many things have happened, it will take some time to tell. So I ask you for your patience and forbearance, and in return I promise, you will receive the full unvarnished explanation, I believe that you deserve.

Please allow me some latitude in my description of events. Not in the truth, for that you will receive unvarnished. But in the way, I tell it, because it is my story, and parts are dark and gray. So if I inject some humor, here and there along the way, it will be to dispel some sadness or another, that would make the words too grave. Also, I and others have noted, when I am in great fatigue, my mind falls into rhyming, the words I try to speak.

It is not a form of flippancy, it's just the path my mind travels. Ben knows me well, and has seen me in states a great fatigue. I believe that he can tell you it's not unusual for me. Perhaps it is an attempt to maintain a pattern, that is logical to me. As a child under stress, I practiced rhyming, to distract me from some things. There are also others who have seen me in this state, and will verify my words.

You have asked me to place ambiguity aside, so henceforth it will be. I'll begin my explanation with a little bit of humor from the last twenty four hours. I will call it "prelude to the moment," and hopefully it will be a way to break some of the seriousness to follow. In truth, not everything that's happened is darkness, there have been moments of great joy. But it is most certainly been an adventure that has taught me many things. These things will reveal themselves as the explanation travels, through the many months of the journey, for which you have asked me to explain.

Again I ask your patience, as this will take some time. Perhaps, the Druids Gardens would be a better place for this, as it will take far more than a post or two, to describe this journey, I will leave that decision up to you. This may not be the appropriate forum for an honest description of events, that simply cannot be described, in a simple post or two. And so begins my journey with laughter, I hope it will please you.

Sincerely,

Storm Raven

:cool:

My heart leaps in gladness that you dance at my return. I hear your quite a dancer. I've always thought you were quite a man.