Suggestions and Closed Beta For Factions Reloaded - Raiders

ToxicWhiteout

Hey guys, if you don't know who I am, I'm the creator of Factions Reloaded. It's only for the legion right now, but I wanted to take some sort of a break from quests and dialogue which takes hours just to make ~10 minutes of gameplay, and add a Factions Reloaded for Raiders. I'll be sure to incorporate it correctly, while still maintaining a lore-friendly feel and adding to the game.

I may add quests in the future, but at least the beta, and possibly the initial release will probably just add enemies, dungeons, etc. The bounty quests in Factions Reloaded - Legion could work really well with this mod though, and I could definitely incorporate them in.

There will be a closed beta so I can get some feedback and so I know about bugfixes beforehand. If you are interested in the beta please let me know.

Completion: 65% (Finished adding bosses, added lots of events and bases but there's still lots more to be done.)

The main idea for this mod is to show that the Mojave isn't a safe place to be. Fallout 3 had some intense raider camps and had raiders all over the map. It seemed that no matter where you went, Raiders or Super Mutants were there with you. I miss that, and this mod will fix that while staying lore friendly and not bringing the raider count to the crazy Fallout 3 levels.

Expanded the scorpion gang just a little bit. Their leaders are stronger, and there are 8 extra members scattered around the building or outside.

Added the jaguar gang in the eastern part of the mojave. They are in their own faction, and are at war with all factions including other raider factions. They may be seen fighting other gangs or NCR/Legion for dominance. They are similar to the Vipers and Jackals, but are more spread out and slightly more powerful. Their background is that the members came from fiends, raiders, jackals, vipers, etc. and decided to up their game and work as units. Now instead of just being completely mindless, they set up raids, ambushes, and plan out their battles. They also scavenge for pre-war tech and take armor from wastelanders, so they may be seen with a range of weapons and armor.

New locations:

Adds some actual camps for fiends, raiders, jaguars, etc. around the Mojave and possibly some quests for taking them down. I will definitely make some of the raider camps under attack by NCR or Legion depending on their location, and visa versa. The raiders are supposed to be ruthless (and everywhere) so I will probably add warzone type areas with different factions battling it out with raiders for control.

New events:

Low level jackals may be at war with powder gangers and NCR near primm and other areas near it, as the only raider-type outpost for a long ways is the Police Station and I don't want to go away from the lore. Vipers will be more prominent in the Novac/Ranger Station Charlie area. They have a camp and they have the manpower, so it seems like there would at least be some vipers raiding nearby areas. They won't be major and they won't be quest-threatening though, probably just some merc-vs-raider battles. I want to show that the NCR can't protect their roads very well like everyone says. Raiders will have a few ambush spots near trader routes which probably won't mess with them too much (especially with my Stronger Traveling Merchants mod) but will show why wastelanders are scared to leave towns and areas like that.

Added more fiends, as well as fiend bosses named "Scrap", "The Ripper", "Liam" and "Genghis Khan".

Short descriptions of each new fiend leader:

Scrap - wears some sort of armor that implies he has killed his fair share of enemies. He has a trooper helmet which implies that he got if from an NCR trooper. He also has a machete gladius, implying he has killed legionaries as well. Scrap is ruthless, and never gives up on a kill so I would suggest sniping from afar or having a backup plan.

Recommended level for taking him down: 10 - 15

Location: Between Red Rock Canyon and Cook Cook's fiend camp.

The Ripper - Named the ripper not primarily because of the weapon, but because of what he does to his enemies; The Ripper has a throne in the middle of piles of mutilated body parts from enemies he's killed.

It's said that his first victim was his own father, whom he strangled with his bare hands at the age of 4. He has combat armor and a helmet to match, and never backs down. His weapon of choice is a chainsaw, but always has a backup ripper.

Recommended level for taking him down: 50 (If you don't have the DLCs or mods to expand your level cap, caution is advised. Bring followers. The Ripper is VERY heavily guarded and has basically a fortress defending him.

Location: In a sewage tunnel beneath fiend territory. Exact location will come later.

Liam - There's not much special about Liam, except the fact that he can take down a deathclaw with his bare hands. Liam's weapon of choice is the power fist, and he loves taking his enemies down with it. His favorite past-time is torturing his victims with nothing but his hands. Liam is a dangerous man, and one should know he is a serious threat.

Recommended level for taking him down: 20 - 25. If you're a higher level it will still be quite intense, but Liam's guards aren't very heavily armed and are mostly just regular junkies.

Location - Near westside.

Genghis Khan - Genghis Khan is a fiend who's name is pretty ironic, as his favorite thing to do is kill great khans. He is disgusted at the idea of working with them, and feels that they get Fiends stuck on the junk just to make an easy cap, and then use that addiction to make the fiends more and more crazy. It's also slightly ironic that he and his guards wear Great Khan armor, but I guess it's because he wants to show off how many of them he's killed. It probably has nothing to do with him failing the initiation many times over and finally giving up.

Recommended level for taking him down: 30 - 40.

Location: not sure yet. He and his guards will definitely be fighting some great khans, as they have been hunting him down for years now.

Sara - Don't be fooled by her name, Sara is possibly the meanest woman alive. She enjoys filleting her victims and cooking them with Cook-Cook.

She has a serious temper and a super sledge to match.

Recommended level for taking her down - 15ish, similar to Cook-Cook in health.

This mod will have a lot more in the future, but I need some help with ideas. Any ideas are appreciated.

EDIT: Mod is now a lot more finished.

Edited by TheScout201