Suggestion: Mark Mods for Download

FinalEntity

So I just though of this idea. I'm on my laptop and just found a few good Skyrim mods that I'd like to install when I boot up my PC tomorrow (my PC plays Skyrim so much better than my laptop). Anyway, come tomorrow afternoon/evening, there'll be a bunch of new mods and I'll forget all about these ones.

So, cue my idea: up where you can endorse and track files, add an option to "Mark for Download", so that when I logon to the Nexus on my PC, I check my "Marked" list, which will show all of the mods that I've marked but not yet downloaded. This way, wherever I am, I can make sure that if I see a good mod, I'll deffinatley give it a try when I get on my PC.

So what do you guys think? Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I just think it'd be a neat feature.

Thanks everyone,

- Kallum

Sometimes I use "track" to mark mods I want to download if I can't at the time but mostly, I use dropbox to download the files on my laptop and then have them ready to move to my desktop when I get the chance.

It's not a sight change - but maybe it'll tide you over in the meantime.

I use track too, but some of the mods that I track have a lot more updates and changes than others, so the more popular mods overshadow the not so popular ones. I wrote this one night on a whim, just came into my head and in hindsight it's not really a very good suggestion at all, so it can be removed by mods if they wish.

Thanks for your reply though Oubliette :)

This would be pretty much how it is done on the xbox. You hit download, it is added to your queue and the console you are logged in at checks, if there is anything to download. I really love to sit in the garden with my netbook and sometimes I browse the Nexus that way. I eventually came up with an unstable mechanism, wich is basically a pipe relaying protocols via ssh (so this kind of works with everything URI based, like magnet links, click'n'load and, well, nexus links) to the Windows computer, but it is not very comfortable, because it breaks so easily.