I Overwrote a weapon on fallout 3 in GECK

Tangyboxhead

I was using the GECK, I know how to use it fairly well. But I seem to overwritten a weapon, I did not mean to do this. the weapon is a hunting rifle, I swore I made a wepon called the Texans rifle as a new Item, But It might have overwritten it. anyways, some help would be nice, all I need to know is how to get the weapon back to normal standards (Also when it overwrote, all rifles had 100% health, a 10 bullet clip, and some other stuff aswell.)

Thank you!

You have to open your mod with FO3Edit (select ONLY your mod when loading FO3Edit. FO3Edit will load any parent esm/esp automatically). Then you have to locate the record within the tree that corresponds to the weapon you want to remove. The tree looks very similar to the object list from the GECK. Then you just delete that record (either highlight the record and hit the delete key or right click and select Remove) then save the mod (by exiting FO3Edit). If you are worried about deleting too much, don't as FO3Edit makes backups automatically. Also, you can't mess up the original game because all you can do is remove records from your own mod, you can't remove vanilla assets.

The way the game and mods work is that each object has a record within the game. When you make a mod, for a gun for example, you just make another record. When your mod loads, the gun record from your mod is chosen over the gun record from the original. The original is never altered, it is simply ignored. So if you remove the gun record from your mod using Fo3Edit, the original record will be used instead - thus reverting the gun back to its original form.

Edited by pkleiss